Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE
    What's the bottom line for those of us who want to use Bluetooth with voicedialing? The objective is to push one button and say the name, just as on those phones that cost 1/4 as much as this one!

Will Grover's "pro" version at $35 do that? PalmOne's? MFW's? If so, with which of the BT headsets? Remember - the objective is ONE button and speak.
    I just read the manual from their website and it says that it will work with a wireless headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Are you on a Mac?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=25536

I found this info after I ordered, and luckily (?) followed these directions… I'm going to HotSync and see if it kills my Treo.
    io, yes I was syncing from a Mac. This procedure did fix the syncing problem -- thanks. I am still not able to get VoiceDial to work reliably with my headset, however, so I will probably try using something else...

Regards,
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah it was working fine after I tried the fix. It came up with that 'Need 2MB dynamic memory' error; which a reset fix. Looks like a memory leak bug of some kind.

I wish Palm would really sanction this app. and make it bulletproof and work with Bluetooth properly. But that's too much to ask given the Versamail issues…
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73866
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Stupid question: how do you put it in ROM? forgive me, it's been a long time using old-school Palm-ROM-RAM-app-shell game type stuff… was it JackFlash?

And it's stable? I'm getting that 2MB error now. *sigh*
    You can use the PRC editor in shodowmites website. www.shadowmite.com
    Please be aware that you might end up messing up your phone if you're not sure how to use it.
    Which product? Voice Dial does not. From palmOne's website:

Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.

Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I just read the manual from their website and it says that it will work with a wireless headset.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I just posted what I think is a reasonable solution in the Bluetooth area
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74255
    Until there is a real fix I am very happy with what I came up with. I also think that the solution can work with the dialers voicelauncher, voice dialer etc. If they can be attached to the side button. Once the phone is awake the side button can activate an app even though the screen is locked.
    Adam West
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Which product? Voice Dial does not. From palmOne's website:

Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.
    www.groverind.com
    No one button and speak with bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    That's not going to happen unless Palm updates the Treo and, to the Bluetooth 1.2 spec. Probably the result of hacking DUN for the greedy cell companies.
    chb4th wrote:
    Hi,

My motorola hs810 is a wireless bluetooth headset. Hope to hear back from you soon

CHB4th

Hello,

Voice Dialer Std or Pro does not support wireless headsets at this time.

The reason we can not officially support wireless headsets is because PalmOne and PalmSource have not published the Developer's API to make this happen. Thus, no one at this time can support Wireless headsets.

I do apologize, but at the same time we are working hard to try and support the bluetooth (wireless) method.

Sincerely,
    Noel Grover
    CEO Grover Industries, Inc.
    Well, contrary to all evidence, my Jabra 250 *does* voice dial my 650 (Unlocked GSM) when I tap the phone button on the headset. I purchased VoiceDialer Pro 1.02 (VDP). There's a pref that says something like "Repsond to headset button". So now, when I press the button on the headset, VDP pops up and says 'listening' and then 'recording'. I think I need to tune my recordings but it pretty much works.

There are some conflicting statements between Palm's BT specs and Jabra's. Palm says that the 250 is only 'Headset' compatible and not 'Handsfree' and that it will not do voice dialing. Now, having started using my Jabra 250 with my Sony T610 (which does support voice dialing using headset and handsfree profiles) where it worked perfectly (and Jabra's website states clearly that the 250 supports both Headset and Handsfree profiles) I know that it does work.

It would seem that there are some gaps between what Palm has shared as far as the *actual* BT capabilities of the 650 and what the truth is. There are definitely some rough spots with BT so far. Hopefully there's some firmware goodness coming that will help.
    What's better? The palm or grover industries version?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123