Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i cannot use voice dial with my bt headset the person who said they are able to use it can you be more specific on details how you are doing it
    thanks
    joel
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    People the phone has been out for awhile now. Do a search on these forums and you will find the answers that you need.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I've been on these boards for sometime now. You want to know what is irritating????
    When someone new asks a question and someone answers by saying "People the phone has been out for awhile now. Do a search on these forums and you will find the answers that you need". If you know the answer or perhaps where it can be found, be gracious and help the person out. Maybe they looked and can't find it.

nuff said.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    I've been on these boards for sometime now. You want to know what is irritating????
    When someone new asks a question and someone answers by saying "People the phone has been out for awhile now. Do a search on these forums and you will find the answers that you need". If you know the answer or perhaps where it can be found, be gracious and help the person out. Maybe they looked and can't find it.

nuff said.
    Ditto. I agree.
    As a new user (less than 3 weeks) I've found 99.9% of TreoCentral users to be gracious and welcoming to newbies questions. The few who get irritated at new user questions need to chill out and take a vacation from the forum.

That, said, I'm a TreoLander, darn it. Live with it, old timers
    To used the bluetooth headset with voice dial you need to activate voice dial on the phone first and than you can used your bluetooth headset to dial the number by saying calll .... or call 123-123-123.... I hope this help.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybr
    To used the bluetooth headset with voice dial you need to activate voice dial on the phone first and than you can used your bluetooth headset to dial the number by saying calll .... or call 123-123-123.... I hope this help.
    I think the important question is: where does VoiceDial pick up the voice command from? The bluetooth headset's mic or the Treo 650's?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I think the important question is: where does VoiceDial pick up the voice command from? The bluetooth headset's mic or the Treo 650's?
    that should be easy enough to figure out...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    So which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I tried to install this one on my 650. It seemed to work OK, however, following the install I had to hard reset after every hotsync because of a lockup. When I removed Voice Dial, things went back to normal.

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem...
    Is this Voice Dial from Voice Signal from the palmOne website? I thought it didn't work with bluetooth no matter what. Maybe it's just picking up your voice from the phone mic?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    voiceDial will not work from bt headset w/o launching the app first.

I use voice dialing on the T650 with a bluetooth headset. You have to first launch voiceDial (side button), tap the phone button on your headset to connect to the phone then say a name or number. It works every time.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Are you on a Mac?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=25536

I found this info after I ordered, and luckily (?) followed these directions… I'm going to HotSync and see if it kills my Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    I tried to install this one on my 650. It seemed to work OK, however, following the install I had to hard reset after every hotsync because of a lockup. When I removed Voice Dial, things went back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by work2fish

give voice dialer PRO a try. www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I think Voice Dial is (next to Butler) one of the most important add-ons for the 650. I agree that it should have been included but it is well worth the $20. It is superior to other programs in that it does not need any training to start dialing contacts and it only needs minimal training to start dialing digits. No need to painstakingly record tags for each contact. Just speak clearly and I've found it amazingly accurate (even in the car)! I cannot imagine an easier voice dialing system. I migrated from a Kyocera 7135 and never really used voice dialing because of the need to record for each contact...now I find voice dialing indispensable!
    I coudn't agree more thats why I put it in ROM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Honestly which one is it? From the phones mic or the Bluetooth headset?

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    the app from p1, i downloaded it for 5 mins...and within that time i bought it...that program is sick!!...and fun!!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Stupid question: how do you put it in ROM? forgive me, it's been a long time using old-school Palm-ROM-RAM-app-shell game type stuff… was it JackFlash?

And it's stable? I'm getting that 2MB error now. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I coudn't agree more thats why I put it in ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWill
    The 650 uses the bluetooth 1.1 standard, which does not utilize voice dialing. Although, the hardware itself can support the more up-to-date (not four years old) 1.2 specification that DOES support voice-dialing, but its up to PalmOne if we ever get an update that does this....
    BT 1.1 vs 1.2 has more do with how BT gets along with WI-FI (they both use the same 2.4 GhZ band). BT 1.1 vs 1.2 doesn't have affect the ability to do voice dialing. I have been voice dialing with numerous BT phones and headsets over the years (Siemens S56, Audiovox SMT5600 for example).

The problem with the Treo650 and BT is probably a limitation of the BT chipset that Palmone chose to use. It could also be the BT stack itself (which would give one hope some time of flash fix) but I imagine it's hardware (chip) related and probably not fixable, just like on the Motorola MPx220 Smartphone.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    From what I've read, I there are a couple of profiles we'd like to see supported with 1.2 and Palm fixing the currently limited implementation of Bluetooth. Maybe it was because of the greedy corps. Having Palm disable DUN is probably the result of us inheriting these problems. I bet it's Cingular and Sprint's fault. Capitalist pigs!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.K
    Honestly which one is it? From the phones mic or the Bluetooth headset?
    Just tried it...its the mic on the Treo

rob
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast