1.    #1  
    ok my first treo was defective did not work right. so i am getting a new one in the mail tomorrow. just wanted to know is there anything special i have to do to sync the new treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by djshade
    ok my first treo was defective did not work right. so i am getting a new one in the mail tomorrow. just wanted to know is there anything special i have to do to sync the new treo?
    I am not sure about all of what I am posting, but I used syncall and EVERYTHING was the same on my new Treo 600.

I was told that the normal hot sync with your PC does not copy every single file and that some things might have to be reset but if you use a free program called syncall it will backup every single bit and preference so that when you sync your new one it will bet identical to your old one.

It worked perfectly for me I did a sync, took the phone to the Verizon store, did a hard reset before I gave them the old phone, brought the new one home, charged it and then did a hot sync and WA-LA it had everybit of info and all the preferences in all the programs were identical to the old phone.

I did loose the call history for the one phone call I made with the old phone just before I turned the phone in to Verizon (it was after the last sync of course).

They also talk about a program called Backup man or something similar which supposedly will back up your programs to the SD card for disasters on the road so that you can come back up from your SD card. I haven't gone that way but it seems to work based on my thread reading.

Good Luck

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon