1.    #1  
    I had Filez 6.2 installed and i just installed 6.5
    And now i cant get it to work . I tried removing it and re-installing 6.2 but it dosent work now. This program has been a huge help to me and I really need this to work again. ANyone I would appreciate any help.

Basicaly the problem is i can get the program to start and I get the Internal folder but I cant get it to expand and collapse by tapping the wors internal.
    I can get it to work if I go into the drop down menu and click colape or expand but now that takes about 20 seconds.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/17/2005 at 09:26 PM.
    when you say it does not work, what is not working (more details). Also have you tried a soft reset?

since I see your edit I will do the same. Did you try the soft reset, also recalibrate your digitizer. How big is your SD card, and how much stuff do you have on it?
  3.    #3  
    Appreciate the reply. I can get the program to open but if i tap on Internal ( not dealing with a SD card) usually it expands the word internal to include a list of all my programs . Now it does nothing.I tried a soft reset, tried to restore it from both backupman and backup buddy and no luck. something went wrong and I cant figure it out.
  4.    #4  
    One thing i did was to get an old palm I had sitting around and beamed Filez 5.3 to my Treo 600 and it works , I retired to install 6.2 and it doesnt work so I put 5.3 back until I figure out how to fix this issue. I hope someone can help me. I also emailed the program creator from the palmgear web site.
    Did you try clicking the little triangle next to the label? For me, when I click the label, it selects the folder for operation, but if I click the triangle, the triangle rotates down and displays the contents.
    You should both try a freeware program called FileProg. It is a lot more user friendly than Filez.
  7.    #7  
    That didnt work but thank you. WHat i finally did was to restore the Treo 600 to a previous date using backupman. 6.2 works again but i lost 2 days of info and new programs I have to re-load again. I may never know what happened but i doubt I will upgrade to 6.5 again anytime soon.

Thanks all
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with FileZ 6.x on my Treo. I went back to the older v5.3 and it works fine.
  9.    #9  
    I have 6.2 working again , I dont know why 6.5 caused the problems . After installing 6.5 I couldnt get any 6.x Filez to work . I will let you all know what the creator states if he emails me back. 6.5 must have left something on my Treo that i couldnt get rid of. I even tried Clean Uninstall program and that didnt work.
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    Did you try clicking the little triangle next to the label? For me, when I click the label, it selects the folder for operation, but if I click the triangle, the triangle rotates down and displays the contents.
    I don't even see a triangle on my screen. I use white letters on a black background. Too bad software authors don't always write code to fit this situation.

Where is the triangle located on the screen? To the right of the label?

Thx,
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  11.    #11  
    The developer got back to me and stated you need to go to preferences and make changes to it.Here is his reply.

"Try deleting the version you have installed right now, and then install
    version 6.5 again. Then look at the preferences (via the menu) in the
    file listing screen to make sure the expand/collapse option is set to
    how you like it. You can set it up to expand/collapse when you tap the
    folder name, or when you tap the folder's little triangle icon."
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    The developer got back to me and stated you need to go to preferences and make changes to it.Here is his reply.

"Try deleting the version you have installed right now, and then install
    version 6.5 again. Then look at the preferences (via the menu) in the
    file listing screen to make sure the expand/collapse option is set to
    how you like it. You can set it up to expand/collapse when you tap the
    folder name, or when you tap the folder's little triangle icon."
    The "folder's little triangle icon" is invisible to me.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad