1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I not too sure I have this in the right forum. Mods deel free to move where you wish if this is not in the right spot.

So here goes. As the title of the thread suggests I am wondering if there is a way to import Garmin's Bluechart MapSource maps into the Treo. I am looking to use these maps with the TomTom BT GPS. What do I need to get the Garmin maps on to the Treo and interact with the TomTom?

TIA
    I'm going to take an uneducated guess and say it can't be done (at least by mere mortals). Assuming you could get the maps into the 650, how would you tell TT to use them?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well, I would use these maps for navigating water ways (intercoastal and Gulf of Mexico) around my area. Overlay of routes, waypoints, and tracks. So I could plan a trip down to Longboat Key and also to mark the spots where the fish bite!
    You would need to 1) determine the map data format used by Garmin and by TomTom (this information may be available, but possibly not), 2) find something out there that will cleanly convert one to the other (possible, but definitely not guaranteed).
    As far as I know Garmin's Mapsource maps are unusable unless the GMAPBMAP application and other components are installed as well. GMAPPMAP takes up 5.2 meg by itself.

They work great on Garmin IQue3600 Palm GPS, but I don't think I wanna attempt them on the Treo 650