1.    #1  
    Since I know there was at least one other person who did this, I thought I'd post an update for people that Chatter seems to run mostly ok from ROM on the 650s.

The only issue I'm having at the moment is that for some reason it's not accepting my smtp entry for the inbox mailbox, but those same entries work fine in another mailbox. In fact, it gives me an error that I've not entered a return address or server - it won't even leave the message to try to send it. I might need to reload, or it might be a glitch in running from ROM (Marc, any thoughts?).

I've only loaded the Chatter prc, but I have no reason to think all 3 couldn't be loaded - I was gonna wait for the next update to do that.

Anybody else have any issues/comments regarding running Chatter from ROM - the more memory we can conserve the better.
    I have all three files, chatter, chatterexc and chatter util.

Working flawless so far. Only been a few hours and havent gotten alot of emails today. Will post updates if there are any problems.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    ok i realized I hadnt sent anything. Tried sending and I get an error when sending from my main folder. tried a second time and it worked fine. also worked fine from my other folder.

sent 3 more times and no issues.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm - wonder why it's not accepting my smtp info from my main folder. I set up two additional profiles, and the info's the same and works from those folders. But it always gives me the same error that it doesn't acknowledge that the info's entered for my main folder. Glad to see someone else has it working - just means this operator needs to figure out what I'm screwing up. Thanks woof.
    So what exactly is the error you're seeing? Can you describe it in more detail?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Sure Marc,
    When I go to send, it says: "You haven't specified a server and/or return address for this smtp profile. Please use 'cancel' to leave this screen and then use 'Edit Mailbox' to add these settings"

But, when I go in and verify my settings, I have exactly the same settings as I've set up in the other two folders for the smtp, and a return address that's the same as one of the other ones (I'm using 2 diff return addresses in the other two folders).
    airjoe - Is this repeatable? If so, could you contact me at chatteremail@imap.cc and I'll send you a special version to help debug it...

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Very repeatable - have yet to get it to accept settings from my inbox smtp (while running from ROM). The other two profiles I've set up work fine. I'll shoot you an email - thanks.
    The only trouble I have with running it in the ROM is that if I'm going home, which isn't in Sprint territory, and I shut Chatter down it always soft resets the phone. I have been running Chatter in the ROM since Shadow put his site up. I update and reflash as the updates come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1
    The only trouble I have with running it in the ROM is that if I'm going home, which isn't in Sprint territory, and I shut Chatter down it always soft resets the phone. I have been running Chatter in the ROM since Shadow put his site up. I update and reflash as the updates come out.

you could move...j/k

I have the same problem, shutdown = soft reset. Other than that it seems to work fine.
    — Ed Howdershelt
  11.    #11  
    Ok, I thought the shut down + soft reset was a "feature" .

I didn't use Chatter more than a a day out of RAM...
    I have made quite a few changes to my ROM. I find that most things seem to run well.
  13.    #13  
    I've only got a couple quirks. One of which is Snapper resets its alarm back to my first ringtone in the alarm list after a day or so. The other is my smtp setting as I mentioned above and the soft reset on shutdown, but if you two are running from ROM, then it's likely not ROM causing the smtp issue...
    Do you have a backup program? If so, backup, soft reset, delete all Chatter files (use a file manager), try to enter your information in from scratch. It sounds like a file is corrupt. If it doesn't work then restore.
  15.    #15  
    Good point - will do.

Yes, I'm using Backupman to make the ROM's painless. I will try what you stated though - thanks for the advice.

Edit: If I delete the Chatter files, and soft reset, I still have issues. If I do a hard reset, and start Chatter fresh, all is well. Something I'm restoring is causing the issue - I've deleted all the files created by Marc (ZR..), but there's a file somewhere causing problems. Time to go one by one...

Edit2: Had to do a fresh install of everything. Something in my saved preferences was causing the issue. Good thing for me I'd spent countless hours getting the UI of Zlauncher and about every other program "just perfect"...
    Last edited by airjoe; 01/19/2005 at 11:37 AM.