1.    #1  
    Which product would you cerebral types choose and why?

<><

[This message has been edited by LanMan (edited 04-14-2000).]
    LanMan,

I have played both and Chess Genius is a much stronger chess program than Pocket Chess. It also boasts more features than Pocket Chess.

IMHO, Chess Genius is worth the $25.

sluggo
  3. v
    What was it that Samuel L Jackson said about the "Pig" in _Pulp Fiction_? That there ChessGenius would have to be one charming program to displace the _free_ PocketChess on my Visor, but then, my game probably is not as strong as Sluggo's.

------------------
    Penguins and Palms

v
  4. yim
    Neather one are worth the $$ cause they won't let me win once in a while.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know if either program will let one play oneself? Then store the game for future play?

<><

[This message has been edited by LanMan (edited 04-14-2000).]
    Which product would you cerebral types choose, and why?

I'm a pretty good chess player (modest too!), and have no trouble beating Pocket Chess. Chess Genius, however, plays a much stronger game, and beats me every time, in addition to having a multitude of features not found in PC. I am on my high school's chess team and play a lot, so CG is for me. Dilettanti will most probably find PC to be more than adequate.

Pros:

CG- Great engine, lots of features, many levels
    PC- Cheap, lets you beat it once in a while!

Cons:

CG- Pricey ($25!),
    PC- Slow gameplay on higher levels
    ---------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know if either program will let one play oneself? Then store the game for future play?

First of all, why would anyone want to play chess against themselves? That said, both programs will allow you to, and will save the progress of an unfinished game that you quit in the middle. Chess Genius keeps a running record of the moves made in a game (in standard algebraic notation), but doesn't save that record after you've finished the game and quit the program.

[This message has been edited by parb33 (edited 03-14-2000).]