1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've had a Treo 600 through Sprint since they were first released in 2003. Never had a problem with the phone until the past week, and things have been getting WORSE:

-Battery charges to 100%, then says 73% when unplugged
    -Network connection error when checking voicemail
    -Was not able to turn the network service ON, did a hard reset which enabled service again, but now can not synch up to my PC; the Treo resets whenever I try to synch.

EDIT: When I try to hotsynch from the hotsynch app, I get a message telling me "Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application."

-Get an error saying that the battery power is low and the phone will shut off within seconds even with the phone over 70% charged.

This sounds like the infamous Network/Battery error I've read about here. So my question is, should I try to get the phone replaced through Sprint, or do I need to contact Palmone? What is the warranty on the phone from Palmone...I'm sure mine has expired by now, but I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Lee
    Last edited by lyteedge; 01/17/2005 at 04:10 PM.
    i think the warranty is one year. call sprint.

i have a gsm and just got it exchanged. it was 11 months old.

i called palmone and t-mo. someone asked how long i had it, but i forget which one.

i said february and that was that.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, my warranty has been up for months. Didn't get insurance on the phone, either, so I ended up being pretty much SOL. The Sprint guys said they could fix my internent connection problem, but I won't know if that worked until tomorrow. There's still all the other problems though. :/

Fortunately, the Treo was purchased with an American Express card, giving two years of "warranty coverage" through them, so we called up, and they are going to give us the full amount of money for the Treo back.

I'm going to get a 650 now instead.
    Help, I Just Installed The Fossil.prc Program And My Treo Now Crashes...how Do I Delete It? I Cant Even Get Into The Various Files...
    how about a hard reset & delete the .prc from your backup before you resync.
    My Treo rocks!
    I was hoping not to have to hard reset, every time I do it takes me 4 or 5 tries to get everything back into the Treo from my laptop, eg, I have major synch probs. I was hoping there was a simple way to delete without a hard reset
    I am on my second Treo 600 with the third on the way. The battery shows 100% and no longer charging. I take it off the charger make one 5 minute call and start to get static and then an emergency battery message comes on telling me I have 20 seconds to disconnect call before the battery is dead. My first TREO lasted 75 days and this refurb they sent me as a replacement has lasted 7 months. I love the TREO features but this is becoming a pain in the **** especially since when I bought it from the AT&T store they sold it to me with the pretense that it had features the 650 has.
    MAS300z
    I'm guessing this is all about the infamouse "Network Search..." problem, resulting from low battery levels. I'm having the issue (started after 12 months, now 15 months old). Per recommendations posted on this board, I bought a new battery, but waiting to install, since my original battery holds charge OK, despite requiring more frequent charging to keep power levels up. I'll install the new battery when my old one really degrades.
    --- Baba
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba
    I'm guessing this is all about the infamouse "Network Search..." problem, resulting from low battery levels. I'm having the issue (started after 12 months, now 15 months old). Per recommendations posted on this board, I bought a new battery, but waiting to install, since my original battery holds charge OK, despite requiring more frequent charging to keep power levels up. I'll install the new battery when my old one really degrades.
    I don't think that's what's wrong with my phone after all. After the hard reset I did, the battery has been fine. The problem is that I can't synch up anymore (I still need to try reloading the PC software) and still cannot use any internet functions.

It's good to know a replacement battery is available, however.
    I am in charge of over 200 treo 600 and 650 for my firm. We have this problem all of the time the following sometimes repairs the battery and locking up problem. Make sure you have the most current verion of your Wireless carrier's software...you can go to the palmone website to download the most current version. Hope this helps.