Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I was at GNC and dropped my phone on the hard tile floor. Only three from from the floor. The outside case has NO damage at all - but the screen in the bottom corner looks to be cracked and there is some "smearing" of the screen.

    I have the insurance and wondering the best route to take . . .

    Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    Take it to Sprint
  3. #3  
    Sorry to hear about what happened. Since your description and your phone condition point to accidental damage, you should use your insurance. Be glad you have it! That's either a $35 or $50 deductible. I think you can just call *2 and they'll xfer you to lockline. If not, your Sprint store can order the replacement. You get to use your current treo until the new (actually a refurb) arrives. If you will be upset about a refurb, get over it, because those are the terms of the insurance you bought. (Sorry if I'm sounding presumptous. I just want to set your expectations correctly.)

    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by robsatx
    I was at GNC and dropped my phone on the hard tile floor. Only three from from the floor. The outside case has NO damage at all - but the screen in the bottom corner looks to be cracked and there is some "smearing" of the screen.

    I have the insurance and wondering the best route to take . . .

    Any ideas?
    Sorry for your sad loss.
    BTW, Were you using any case, if yes which one.
    Let us hope for a healthy replacement.
  5. #5  
    Maybe they don't have too many refurbs yet? Maybe too new?
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Sorry for your sad loss.
    BTW, Were you using any case, if yes which one.
    Let us hope for a healthy replacement.
    I too would like to know which case you were using.
  7. #7  
    I think a patch is coming out for this...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    I think a patch is coming out for this...


    Good one, Did not have it in the case. I have one of those leather slip cases. Been waiting for the Hardshell case to come out . . .

    Hopefully no refurbs!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by robsatx

    Good one, Did not have it in the case. I have one of those leather slip cases. Been waiting for the Hardshell case to come out . . .

    Hopefully no refurbs!
    I got a replacement last week b/c I also broke the screen, they sent me a new one. I think as of Jan 1, the deductible is $50 and you will always get new phone. The rep on the phone told me it was going to be reb. but its not. You could tell them you "lost it" and keep the other one for spare parts or an extra battery. They are still going to charge you the same $50. You will also be able to get another 128mb sd card from palm. I kept my cracked screen 650 with the free 128mb memory as an mp3 player. But thats just me, you could be a "good guy" and tell you broke the screen and send it back to them, they will really apreciated it and still charge you $50.

    Actually you could see a pic of my cracked screen 650 on my avatar.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!

Posting Permissions