1.    #1  
    windows xp home sp2
    d link blue tooth usb antenna
    treo discoverable: yes
    treo found laptop: yes
    laptop found treo: NOOOOOOOO!

any ideas?
    laptop and treo are both discoverable

error message says windows can't find bluetooth device in range. check to make sure device is on blah blah blah
    Trying this link to fix the problem
    http://support.dlink.com/products/vi...%2D120%5FrevB4

and choose the "Click here if you are having problems installing in Windows XP with Service Pack 2". That should solve the problem for the D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    windows xp home sp2
    d link blue tooth usb antenna
    treo discoverable: yes
    treo found laptop: yes
    laptop found treo: NOOOOOOOO!

any ideas?
    laptop and treo are both discoverable

error message says windows can't find bluetooth device in range. check to make sure device is on blah blah blah
    If you are using SP2 then you have bluetooth drivers installed.. I spoke to dlink and they basically said don't use both.. if you have SP2 use the window drivers.. but don't have both. Also if you have both installed you might have two bluetooth icons in your task bar.

hope this helps. I have mine working fine with the windows drivers.
  4.    #4  
    tark:

thanks .uninstalled dlink software and got the 2 devices to see each other but...
    even though i set no passkey it still wants one and won't proceed. tried to just press nrxt without entering one but no dice
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    tark:

thanks .uninstalled dlink software and got the 2 devices to see each other but...
    even though i set no passkey it still wants one and won't proceed. tried to just press nrxt without entering one but no dice
    What needs the pass key.. When I setup my Jabra headset it asked for a pass key.. inside the manual it stated to enter "0000". It worked fine. Check the manual.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    To get BT hotsync you have to:
    1. Pair the PC with the Treo 650 (need to use a passkey -- any # will work).
    2. Set up the Virtual Serial Port on the PC
    3. Go to properties of the Device on your PC and "authorize" the use of the virtual serial port by the Treo 650.