1.    #1  
    There's probably something out there that already does this, but I thought the iPod's "fade out" power feature looked cool, so I implemented it on the treo 650.

http://cellardoor.homedns.org/fadeout/FadeOut.zip

It contains the source code and a prc. Running the prc will simply register the notifications necessary for sleep and wakeup.

I'm hoping to put some of my other apps along with their source code out there as well so people can share and make the treo a much better device.
    Hey treojunkie:

I don't know what the iPod's "fade out" power feature looks like. Would you mind describing it?

I know you said you wrote this for the T650, but I tried it on my T600 and it seems like nothing happened...

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Hey treojunkie:

I don't know what the iPod's "fade out" power feature looks like. Would you mind describing it?

I know you said you wrote this for the T650, but I tried it on my T600 and it seems like nothing happened...

Thanks
    After a while, power turns the screen off. On the iPod, it does so by "fading out" or dimming the screen until it is completely off.

This app attempts to do this by controlling the LCD brightness. Unfortunately, it needs to receive messages upon entering and exiting "sleep" mode on the treo, which docs say are broadcast to Palm OS Garnet apps. Since the 600 doesn't run Garnet, that may be the problem. I'll look around for additional ways to do that.