Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    Can anyone explain why a clear little piece of plastic costs $13??
    I guess it's an instance of "Whatever the market will bear!"

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    can someone tell me about the reuse function of the boxwave? or the TC store brand, i know you can "wash them" but for how long?? I just got one from boxwave and i had like a small cut or miss cut in mine, im working to get it resolved now but so far looks great, i did have to tweak the adjustment, it was to far to oneside and i have noticed some lint under it, so if they are washable how long will they last??
    mt
    I thought that 3 for $28 was a lot but, compared to the POS that P1 supplied they are fantastic, and super easy to put on comparesto the p1 supplied one.
    Another vote for Boxwave.
    I've now purchased both the JavoEdge and the BoxWave screen protectors and the BoxWaves are by far the better of the two. They went on easier, with less (no) bubbles, and they are much clearer. And I had to cut the Javoedge product down to size. BoxWaves are pre-sized as they should be.
    I agree that the boxwave crystal protectors are CLEARLY (haha) the best out there...They go on easy, are crystal clear and feel nice under the stylus!

Well worth the expense!
    Is this what everyone has?
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...eo-650_442.htm
    Are the Crystal ones better?

Hey BoxWave,

What are your policies with shipping to Canada? Ie. have you heard of additional fees for brokerage and taxes once it crosses the border?

Thanks in advance
    I had the boxwave on my Treo 600, and loved it even though it was expensive. Last week I installed the Treocentral version on my 650. They seem exactly the same as the Boxwaves, but much less expensive.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Is this what everyone has?
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...eo-650_442.htm
    Are the Crystal ones better?

Hey BoxWave,

What are your policies with shipping to Canada? Ie. have you heard of additional fees for brokerage and taxes once it crosses the border?

Thanks in advance

Hi AznTriniBwoy,

We treat shipments to Canada the same as all international orders.

The custom's value shouldn't require you to pay extra taxes and we generally don't encounter problems in regards to additional fees and taxes.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Well, I just received my 3-pack of the screen protectors from TreoCentral. I also have the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal to compare them to, so here are my observations:

Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal

I ordered a ClearTouch Crystal in January and as advertised, it's remarkably clear. Installation was a pain because it was my first protector and I didn't know what I was doing, but the protector came with a Soft card and cloth to aid in re-installations. After a bit of patience and after using some Scotch tape to remove the lint and debris, it finally went on clean. The texture of the Crystal is nice. It "feels" smooth, like a high-end product should feel.

So why, after this relatively glowing review, did I order the TC protectors? I've had the Crystal for less than a month and it's already been scratched twice by particles on my stylus. Granted, the protector did it's job by protecting the screen, but I was hoping an expensive product like the ClearTouch would be a bit more scratch resistant. It's not like it was scratched in my pocket. It was stylus gunk. What good is a clear protector with scratches on it? They're right in the middle of the screen.

TreoCentral 3-Pack

The TC protectors are defintely not as clear as the ClearTouch Crystal. There's a tint or haze to them that detracts from the brightness of the screen. I think this is the "anti-glare" feature at work. Installation went OK, but I cheated. I used the Soft card from the Crystal to lift the protector and remove lint. How do people without the Boxwave Soft card re-apply the TC protectors? The texture is OK, but it feels a bit plasticky. Definitely not as smooth as the ClearTouch, but this may be a plus. Perhaps a bit more texture would prevent scratches? Maybe it feels plasticky because it's harder? We'll see. Given the price advantage over the Boxwave, I'm inclined to stick with them if they prove to be more scratch resistant. If not, I'm going back to my Boxwave.

I'll be glad to answer questions if anyone has them.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/23/2005 at 06:35 PM.
    I've said this before in other threads. IMHO The Boxwaves are the absolute best looking screen protectors out there. They look like glass, when others say you cannot tell you have a screen protector on the unit, they aren't lying. It's as though the unit is as it was purchased, but without fear of ruining the actual screen....BUT... they are also IMO too expensive for what they are.... I am hoping that TC finds a way to get Cyrstals, because all they carry right now are Anti-Glare, and they're great quality if you like the Ani-Glare, at a great price, I've used them, and they're worth the $$$.... however, but they're not Crystals. I'm going to try these....

www.overlayplus.com

and if they're as good as the Bowave's I'll let you know, they're only a couple of bucks cheaper, so hopefully TC gets some soon... I mean...geez, it's just a little piece of plastic!

BTW, I too had the problem scratching from my stylus, replaced my stylus, problem gone... clean your stylus off every once in a while, and be careful if you drop it on the stlus point... the anti glare protectors don't seem to have a problem when the stylus is 'scratchy'.

and... you all should know that Boxwave is having heaps of problems keeping customers happy, I've seen lots of complaints. My orders have all been OK, but others have had problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Hi AznTriniBwoy,

We treat shipments to Canada the same as all international orders.

The custom's value shouldn't require you to pay extra taxes and we generally don't encounter problems in regards to additional fees and taxes.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Thanks for the response. I ordered it last week Wednesday and finally received it yesterday. Aside from 4-5 dust particles that got in under the screen during installation, I am very pleased with the product

Thanks again
    anyone tried ebay screen protectors? This guy seems to have good ones, going by his feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...753617836&rd=1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12