1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an alarm clock program that will work when the sound/vibrate switch is moved to vibrate? I usually always use vibrate, but would like to have an alarm clock that sounds off in the morning without having to remember each night to move the switch back to sound mode. I would then have to remember to switch it back to vibrate mode after I wake up.

thanks...
    FWIW, there is a setting on Bob's Alarm that allows it to ignore the system setting. I don't use it, though.
    I believe the mechanical sound switch cannot be bypassed by software; it's a master override type switch. You can achieve your desired goal by setting the phone ringer to vibrate but leaving the switch on.

It's worth noting that the switch is not a "vibrate" switch but a mute switch.
    Silver, Bob says the same thing over on Yahoo in his development board. Oh well.
    Darn, I would love this feature, hate having to mute the Treo when reading ereader then remembering to turn sound back on, I usually fall asleep reading my books .

Oh well
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    Darn, I would love this feature, hate having to mute the Treo when reading ereader then remembering to turn sound back on, I usually fall asleep reading my books .

Oh well
    Yeah, it sounds like what we want can't be done....
    Want a workaround? Never use the mute switch. Use a profile manager and setup a vibrate/mute profile. You can even have it timed so you don't have to worry about switching back. Works for me.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Want a workaround? Never use the mute switch. Use a profile manager and setup a vibrate/mute profile. You can even have it timed so you don't have to worry about switching back. Works for me.
    Where would I find a profile manager for the Pre? Thanks.