1.    #1  
    I was trying to work on freeing up memory and noticed a bunch of files called "Ingots". There are "BasicIngots", "EnhancedIngots", "MultimediaIngots", etc. They are all around 100-150k and have Type "zpco" and CrID "BASI". Any ideas of what these are and whether they're safe to delete? I've previously installed and deleted a program called Pocket Cook (one of the free Handango apps), which installed a program called AppForge. I vaguely remember that these files may be related to AppForge. Anyone familiar with these?
    I don't have any "ingot" files on my 650 - so they're definitely after-market files.
    Pronunciation: 'i[ng]-got
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, perhaps modification of Middle French lingot ingot of metal, incorrectly divided as l'ingot, as if from le the, from Latin ille that
    1 : a mold in which metal is cast
    2 : a mass of metal cast into a convenient shape for storage or transportation to be later processed

Seems to fit with the AppForge theory.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Pronunciation: 'i[ng]-got
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, perhaps modification of Middle French lingot ingot of metal, incorrectly divided as l'ingot, as if from le the, from Latin ille that
    1 : a mold in which metal is cast
    2 : a mass of metal cast into a convenient shape for storage or transportation to be later processed

Seems to fit with the AppForge theory.
    very astute conclusion!
  5.    #5  
    This brings up the question: does anyone have a good way of being able to identify and get rid of unnecessary or orphaned files? I've seen mention of some programs that would do so for preferences, but what about other types of files?
    Look up the NeatFreak pack on Handango. There are 2 programs--Uninstall Manager which monitors all newly instaleld files and cleanly uninstalls those files when requested. The second program in Cleanup, which will go through your system and attempt to identify orphaned files. It allows you to delete files safely, i.e. if you make a mistake you can usually restore the old file.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Ingot... Isn't that the thing that moves in a watch to make it so it doesn't need a battery? Well, maybe in the new Tag Monaco V4 at least it is...but maybe they call it that just because it's a hunk of platinum. Ok, so this wasn't very helpfull...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I was trying to work on freeing up memory and noticed a bunch of files called "Ingots". There are "BasicIngots", "EnhancedIngots", "MultimediaIngots", etc. They are all around 100-150k and have Type "zpco" and CrID "BASI". Any ideas of what these are and whether they're safe to delete? I've previously installed and deleted a program called Pocket Cook (one of the free Handango apps), which installed a program called AppForge. I vaguely remember that these files may be related to AppForge. Anyone familiar with these?
    Ingots are controls for AppForge. For those who used Visual Basic, they are like VBVBVB $controls$.
    I also installed the Pocket Cook and nearly immediately tried to uninstall it. When the install process was going, I saw that it was installed 24 components (+/- 1), but could find no documentation as to what the files were. I emailed the PocketCook support and they were no help:

You should just need to remove Pocket Cook and Appforge components. Those are the only two components.

David

I did end up removing all the Ingots, and my Treo has been running without any problems, so I'd say you're safe.

I suppose this response doesnt really offer any help, but at least it serves as fair warning to avoid contacting Pocket Cook.

--m
    Hmmmm.....Pocket Cook is working great for me. I like the way it makes a shopping list for the items I need for a particular recipe. Can't comment on support since I haven't needed any. It does use Appforge and now that I've checked, I do have ingots. Sweet! Always wanted some ingots!
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Look up the NeatFreak pack on Handango. There are 2 programs--Uninstall Manager which monitors all newly instaleld files and cleanly uninstalls those files when requested. The second program in Cleanup, which will go through your system and attempt to identify orphaned files. It allows you to delete files safely, i.e. if you make a mistake you can usually restore the old file.
    Definitely check out NeatFreak, nice application for Palm. But definitely go to PalmGear to get it. Based on this thread which I posted, Handango's customer service will only leave you frustrated.

There, now I've told more than 9 people. I can rest easier...
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    ...Sweet! Always wanted some ingots!
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    There, now I've told more than 9 people. I can rest easier...
    So you're just going to give up on person #10, is that it? Poor, poor person #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    So you're just going to give up on person #10, is that it? Poor, poor person #10 http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
    Was I supposed to deal with #10? I thought that person was on your list. Crud! Come to think of it, I don't even know where my list is. Maybe the ingots got it...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif Wait, I just realized - I ain't got no ingots. This stinks...
    KitMoni
    I happened to install AppForge and my phone went nuts (had to do a hard reset). I uninstalled it and the Ingots remained. I removed them, but there's another file--see this thread. Any ideas?