1.    #1  
    Ok.....I'm on my second Treo 650, but the problem remains!

After I make the call, I can hear the other party just fine, but they cant hear me. After I hang up, I unplug my headset then plug it back in and all works fine. I have tried 3 different headsets, 2 different handsets and It still does the same thing.

I don't think its a signal strength issue because I can be standing still when this happens and just resetting the headset fixes the problem. This never happens when I use the phone without a wired headset.

I tried bluetooth early on but didn't like it thats why I use a wired headset.

This problem is very intermittent, I can't reproduce it at will. Anyone else see this?
    this has been posted several times before in thwse forums.

www.shadowmite.com (i think)

his #3 rom update is what you need. backup or do a sync before u do it...as it will require a hard reset.

I am 99 percent sure that this will correct your issue as it did for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vetie
    Ok.....I'm on my second Treo 650, but the problem remains!

After I make the call, I can hear the other party just fine, but they cant hear me. After I hang up, I unplug my headset then plug it back in and all works fine. I have tried 3 different headsets, 2 different handsets and It still does the same thing.

I don't think its a signal strength issue because I can be standing still when this happens and just resetting the headset fixes the problem. This never happens when I use the phone without a wired headset.

I tried bluetooth early on but didn't like it thats why I use a wired headset.

This problem is very intermittent, I can't reproduce it at will. Anyone else see this?
    I have had the exact same problem and to compound matters the unit is now going thru endless reboots. I am starting from scratch...hard reset and am only adding programs one at a time...so far so good, everyone can hear me and no automatic hard resets. I have got to believe it is osme kind of software conflict with the 650
    Headset jacks can do funky things. The micro switch inside can sometime get sticky, so that when a wired headset is plugged in the connection is not good.

If your experience with bt headset was good, try another wired headset. If the problem persists then I recommend exchanging the phone, as your headset jack maybe defective.

I have not tried any of shadowmite ROM updates. Many people are happy with them. But if the problem is in the hardware, no ROM update will cure it.