Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Just read that Think Outside Released a palmone driver that supports the 650!
    It's listed in the compatibilty chart now. They must have found a way around the BT HID crippling. Very interesting.
    Anyone have the spare cash to review it?
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    I asked Think Outside how the addressed the lack of the HID Bluetooth profile on the 650. They could not come up with an answer for me in almost 2 weeks.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    w00t w00t ... been waiting on this ... been a Think Outside keyboard user since they launched. Definitely gonna have to try this out between my Treo 650 and my Zodiac2.

See how it stacks up compared to the P1 iRDA keyboard been using.
    I recently ordered a ThinkOutside BT keyboard. UPS says it will arrive Tuesday. Will post results then.
    I should be reviewing some keyboards soon. Let us know how things work for you.
    I just dropped Think Outside support a line asking them to confirm whether their Palm BT drivers will work with my Tapwave Zodiac 2 (which they don't even have Tapwave listed as a PDA manufacturer on their site).

Has anyone found a price cheaper than $119.95 + S&H (sorry T|C, but $10 is $10)?
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I tried the beta and only obtained sporadic connections. Support at ThinkOutisde said it was only a beta and I should return keyboard until they worked out the bugs. Too bad, because its an awesome idea
    Well ... finally got around to trying out my T650 with the pa1mOne iRDA keyboard. I was worried that it would not work very well with the case that I have, and I didn't want to have to take the T650 out of the case to use it with the keyboard.

Since I do a fair amount of typing with the keyboard on my laptop, I was very pessimistic that the Treo would sit securely enough on the keyboard PDA tray without giving me a heart attack anytime I went to use. Boy, was I wrong. There is a hole in just the right spot on the backstand of the iRDA keyboard to allow the swivel clip case to clip onto the backstand.

Needless to say ... I won't be trying out the BT keyboard.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    My ThinkOutside Bluetooth keyboard arrived tonight. Results are in the following thread:

treo.discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67270&highlight=Thinkoutside

...and this message was submitted using my Treo 650 and the Thinkoutside keyboard.
    Just sent Thinkoutside an email regarding the status of their Palm OS drivers for the Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard. Below is the response:

Hi XXXX,

The driver is a beta version. However, we do not release software that is not
    found to be free of major defects, such as crashes which would cause data
    loss. All released software is put through extensive testing before the
    public is given the chance to use it. This testing, however, is mainly done
    on stock programs that ship with the OS. It is not possible to test all third
    party applications for possible interference with the driver. The driver is
    still considered beta because not all of the bugs which were discovered were
    able to be fixed. These bugs, while possibly annoying, were not considered to
    be serious enough to delay the release of much anticipated software.
    I hope this answers your question. Thank you for your interest in Think
    Outside keyboards.

Think Outside Support
    support@thinkoutside.com
    Does anyone else think that these "annoying" glitches mentioned probably means "buyer beware" and that this probably does not work?

Just thought I'd update anyone that was interested. I gave up and bought the Palmone wireless keyboard, but have not received my 650 to test. We shall see.

Moppet52
    I have had my ThinkOutside Bluetooth keyboard for about a week. I have typed some fairly long e-mail messages with it during this week. I have been quite satsified with it's performance. I suppose that there are others that aren't so happy with the keyboard. Note the earlier post by daf9...9.

This message was typed using the ThinkOutside bluetooth keyboard.
    ThinkOutside has officially released their bluetooth keyboard driver for Palm devices. Their website has an announcement that the driver was officially released on 2/2/05. I downloaded and installed the driver. It is now called Keyboard 3.0.prc. Was called Keyboard 3.0beta.prc. The announcement on the website also states that you can use their TravelMouse with the Treo 650, but I see no place to download a driver for it, nor are there any settings in the keyboard driver for the travel mouse.

They also show special "Ground Hog Day" pricing on their products. I bought my keyboard at amazon.com for $86, which is still quite a bit less than the sale price on their website.
    This message was submitted through my Treo 650, and typed on my ThinkOutside bluetooth keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    I just dropped Think Outside support a line asking them to confirm whether their Palm BT drivers will work with my Tapwave Zodiac 2 (which they don't even have Tapwave listed as a PDA manufacturer on their site).

Has anyone found a price cheaper than $119.95 + S&H (sorry T|C, but $10 is $10)?
    Yeah, i found it for $83.52

http://www.compuadds.com/product.asp?prodcode=D-XTBTUE
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    That's awesome! Glad to hear they made good on their promise to update the driver. Have you noticed any differences? I know that you said you did not have many problems to begin with, but just wanted to know if you have seen anything that would make this a new version of the driver "official".
    I picked up the keyboard last night and used it for about an hour. I was expecting it to have annoying problems, but the worst that happened was sometimes the second letter after using the Shft key was also capitalized. I was very pleased with the performance.

That was until about 20 minutes ago when I turned on my 650 and it spontaneously reset (what's new?!). It got caught in a reset loop that I was only able to get out of by warm resetting, assigning Resco Explorer to a speed dial button and removing the Stowaway driver.

Good keyboard, but worst Palm device I've ever owned, without question.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I asked Think Outside how the addressed the lack of the HID Bluetooth profile on the 650. They could not come up with an answer for me in almost 2 weeks.

Yup it's very interesting. Since the HID prfile is only available on BT 1.2 and the 650 and T5 etc only have 1.1, it seems they had to circumvent this by writing a custom profile that could work somehow on 1.1....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm sorry. Now I'm confused.

Is the 650 the worst Palm device you have owned or the keyboard? And do you use the latest Stowaway driver from their website (the new non Beta released on 2/2)?
    I'm currently trying to decide between the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro and the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth. The bluetooth one is $50 more, but do you guys think it's worth it?
    The Microsoft products will not have drivers for the Treo. This thread has been about a particular keyboard and the Treo and specific drivers for that combination.
    Adam West
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast