Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Does anyone think the price of the 650 will drop at Sprint now that they are going to be coming out at Cingular and possibly other places?
    Quote Originally Posted by UroTreo
    Does anyone think the price of the 650 will drop at Sprint now that they are going to be coming out at Cingular and possibly other places?
    Thats a foolish question. Of course not.
    Did they drop the price for the 600?

Last month sprint was still selling it for 600 with out contract.
    I don't think Sprint will drop the price, but more incentives maybe around. The T 650 is advertised for $319.99 at mytreo.net and inphonic.com. This not only includes the Sprint $150 instant rebate, but other incentives, such as customer loyalty rebates.

I got mine at CompUSA during their Christams sale for $399 with a free $99 bluetooth headset. I'm filing for a $50 mail-in rebate. Final cost = $250
    Why would they? Cingular uses a completely different network.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Why would they? Cingular uses a completely different network.
    Competition. The more competitors there are, the higher your incentive to sell the same product at a lower price. Its the Theory of Demand, Econ101
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    Competition. The more competitors there are, the higher your incentive to sell the same product at a lower price. Its the Theory of Demand, Econ101

Not true. Did they do that for the treo 600? No!
    The phone companies compete more on the prices and features of their plans than on the prices of their phones. Watch the TV commercials: they're all about "In", "Fair & Flexible," rollover minutes, and other features, not about the phones. Most of the ads dealing with phones are for the "free" phones, not the expensive ones.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    you got it half right. The other half of Econ 101 theory says that increase in demand puts upward pressure on pricing. You need an event that deflates demand (ie, intro of 650 driving down the price of the 600 @ Cingular) for incentive to lower prices.

-TG
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I don't think Sprint will drop the price, but more incentives maybe around. The T 650 is advertised for $319.99 at mytreo.net and inphonic.com. This not only includes the Sprint $150 instant rebate, but other incentives, such as customer loyalty rebates.

I got mine at CompUSA during their Christams sale for $399 with a free $99 bluetooth headset. I'm filing for a $50 mail-in rebate. Final cost = $250

was this $399 plus a new sprint plan, or $399 existing customer
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH

I got two of them this way
    humm I still need to mail that stuff in to get my last $100.00 thanks for bringing that up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by quedawg
    was this $399 plus a new sprint plan, or $399 existing customer
    either way, but as a customer you have to have been with sprint at least 18 months, and have not upgraded current phone in that time. I talked to a manager since I had another palm phone from sprint but only about year old, and he agreed to make adjustment for me since I was month to month and my i300 was old.