1.    #1  
    Regardless of all the suggestions I have tried, I can not get my Jabra BT250 to auto answer. The 650 is set to Autoanswer immediately. I can hear it ringing in my headset, but no go until I manually connect on the headset.

I have read posts re: the HBH-660 (some can't turn off the autoanswer) Are there other headsets you have used that auto answer without a glitch? I need to use this in an enviroment where I can never touch the phone or the headset.

I have been using a Motorola V600 - BT250 combo with excellent success for the last year.

Question: who has had success, and with what headset?
    "I'm just a frozen caveman orthopaedic surgeon ... your world frightens me"
    I don't believe you read the thread correctly. If this is the thread you got the information from:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=68320&page=2

Then you need to read the second half of the posts. Their was some confusion over the term "auto answer" It was later deceided that we ment "auto transfer".

When a call comes in when using the 660, you must press either the answer button on the phone, or the button on the headset. Some of us were not wanting the call to "auto transfer". The headset doesn't "auto answer", you must press a button on one of the devices.

I don't know of any headset that will auto answer. perhaps if you don't want to touch the device, due to contamination, maybe you need to put a finger cot on it, or if you don't have them, cut a finger off of a glove.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I don't believe you read the thread correctly. If this is the thread you got the information from:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=68320&page=2

Then you need to read the second half of the posts. Their was some confusion over the term "auto answer" It was later deceided that we ment "auto transfer".

When a call comes in when using the 660, you must press either the answer button on the phone, or the button on the headset. Some of us were not wanting the call to "auto transfer". The headset doesn't "auto answer", you must press a button on one of the devices.

I don't know of any headset that will auto answer. perhaps if you don't want to touch the device, due to contamination, maybe you need to put a finger cot on it, or if you don't have them, cut a finger off of a glove.
    Thanks!

Question: Is there no way to configure the 650 so that it will "auto-transfer" and "auto-answer" to the headset after two rings?
    Skydivewags is confused. There is a thread somewhere about "auto-answer" (ie - the headset automatically picks up the call).

This works great with my Scala500 - My phone rings, and about 2 seconds later, I hear a click in my ear, and the call is connected.

The only downside can be when you don't want to answer, and the headset gives you no choice. But I often have my hands full, or my gloves on (it's cold here!), so the auto-answer rocks.

I suspect your problems have to do with the Jabra kkind of sucking. Oh, or maybe you paired it in headset, instead of handset, mode.

Good luck - I really just reccomend getting a Scala.

David
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Is this Scalla 500 as good as I keep hearing??
    Does it fit on the ear nicely? Is it loud enough?
    Does it connect well?

I am using the Supertalk/Supetooth Speaker and it is the best device I have ever used, but sometimes, there are people in the car or I leave the car and an earpiece is needed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    Skydivewags is confused. There is a thread somewhere about "auto-answer" (ie - the headset automatically picks up the call).

I wouldn't say I am confused, but if their is a thread that talks about "auto answer" then I haven't read that, and I would be uninformed.

I have never had my 660 "auto answer"
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    My Motorola HS810 does not "automatically" pick up the call. I have to tap the center button on the headset to connect to the phone when it rings, or when I press <SEND> to make a call.

With outgoing calls there is an irritating delay. By the time the bt connection is made I miss an option or two in interactive voice systems, like sprint cs, or airlines.
    Regardless of what threads exist and if the people in them are confused, the documentation for at least some of the headsets do plainly say "auto answer" and go on to describe the feature leaving no doubt about it.

I don't see the feature anywhere in my Jabra 250 book, including in the "enhanced features available when using the hands free profile"

My guess is the 250 just don't gots it.

I think my Motorola HS-820 had it but I gave that away so can't double check.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    Regardless of what threads exist and if the people in them are confused, the documentation for at least some of the headsets do plainly say "auto answer" and go on to describe the feature leaving no doubt about it.

I don't see the feature anywhere in my Jabra 250 book, including in the "enhanced features available when using the hands free profile"

My guess is the 250 just don't gots it.

I think my Motorola HS-820 had it but I gave that away so can't double check.
    The "Auto answer" is not a feature of any particular headset. It is a feature of the Treo 650. Go to Sytem Preferences and select the Handsfree option. Then go to the drop down menu beside Auto answer and choose from the list(Immediately, after 1,2 rings or Disable) I hope this unconfuses and informs everyone.
    Thanks MortgageGuy.
    ~'kito
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    The "Auto answer" is not a feature of any particular headset. It is a feature of the Treo 650. Go to Sytem Preferences and select the Handsfree option. Then go to the drop down menu beside Auto answer and choose from the list(Immediately, after 1,2 rings or Disable) I hope this unconfuses and informs everyone.
    Great feedback everybody! Thanks.

Mortageguy: I have made all the changes in the treo above you suggest. I have tried it with immediate, one ring, two ring settings. No auto answer. I have repaired my headset each time, and reset the headset in the cradle each time. There clearly are quirks between headsets that does not make sense.

dgilman: you have it working with the Scalal500. That sounds like my next reasonable option.

Anybody else successful with their headset?
    Thanks! I knew I'd seen that options somewhere but couldn't remember where.
    I already had it set to immediately and it very definitely was not working.
    I tried all the options. No matter what, I have to touch the phone button on the Jabra 250 to answer. Plus, the Jabra doesn't start ringing until the treo has already rang about 3 or 4 times. That could lead to missed calls. I think it's just what you said, not the best headset. Although it's the only one I'll even consider wearing because I think all the others look extremely stupid. I think I'll like the new one even better. My audio quality is "eh, ok." and I don't mind touching the button at all, so I'm reasonably happy with it for the time being at least.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    So far, for me the best headset is the Sony HBH 660. I have the Scala and have had the Moto HS 850, and the Jabra 250. The Sony provides the best overall performance. I'll be glad when they are able to make these headsets much smaller and more comfortable to wear.