1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is possible or not but I thought I'd ask anyway...

When I just want to quickly load a program to my new and wonderful Treo 650 I right now set evertying to 'do nothing' in the hotsync program.
    I then go in and one by one set them to synchronize again.
    Painful and I've only have this for two days now

In my perfect world I would have TWO pre-defined 'profiles' - one that I would chose if I just wanted to load some new programs - and one that have all the regular settings with full synchronization.

Possible?

I hope it made sense.
    Actually, there is a nice "free" install tool witten by the developer who worked on WordSmith and is the author of QuikBugdet. It's called "QuikInstall". I've been using it for years. What it does is if you double click on a .prc or .pdb file for installation, Quikinstall takes care of "shutting off" all your other conduits for the next sync (and then re-enables them for subsequent syncs). Really saves a lot of time when you just want to install files. Never really have to think about the process. Here is the link:

http://www.quiksense.com/QuikInstall/index.htm

Hope that helps!

(And no, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $one$ $profile$ $per$ $hotsync$ $name$. $Not$ $something$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $mess$ $with$ $really$)
    if you do not select the set as default button in the hotsync manager then you do not have to set them back for it will be a one time change
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    I have not used that program in years. It worked great for my pIII
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Nystrom
    It's called "QuikInstall". I've been using it for years.
    That's odd. QuickInstall is already an application that comes with the Palm installation software. I wonder if this "QuickInstall" actually overwrites the QuickInstall of the Palm desktop
    I should've checked the spelling. QuickInstall vs. QuikInstall.

That's still too close
  7.    #7  
    Hey thanks - Quickinstall seems to work fine.!