1.    #1  
    Want to listen to MP3 files with Pocket Tunes over the original headset but the internal speaker does not mute and no sound comes through the headset. When I do a call, the headset works correctely and Pocket Tunes goes mute. I have the same problem when I put the Treo in the THB Bury car kit. No sound on the car loudspeakers and the Treo speaker goes mute only when I do a call.
    Anybody experienced this before?
    yeah, the problem is the impedence of the headphones your using.

The easiest workaround is to take a splitter and connect the factory headset in one end and your headphones in the other. There's also some other threads on more convienient solutions.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Don't know about the car kit, but you can never hear music over the original treo headset. You either need a seidio headset or an adapter ($5 at radio shack) for the jack. Do a search and you will find lengthy discussions of headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlm0026
    Want to listen to MP3 files with Pocket Tunes over the original headset but the internal speaker does not mute and no sound comes through the headset. When I do a call, the headset works correctely and Pocket Tunes goes mute. I have the same problem when I put the Treo in the THB Bury car kit. No sound on the car loudspeakers and the Treo speaker goes mute only when I do a call.
    Anybody experienced this before?
    Try Freedom software at www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html it will auto detect when you plugin your earbud or headset. works great with Ptunes and realone and you can finally hear mp3 ringtones thru the headset.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #5  
    This sounds great ............ If the TREO will auto detect the earbud, then it should also detect the car kit. From the look of it, the earbud and the car have the same connector pin. What do you think?