1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 had been working great since November. Beginning last night, it keeps trying to reprovision. After it attempts, it says "the update was not successful due to a server communication error. If the problem persists, please contact Sprint." I am then still able to connect to Vision, BUT all my cookies are gone in Blazer! I re-entered passwords and such, and they stayed until the provisioning popped up again and went through the same process--after which cookies were gone.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Any chance you removed your Blazer proxy settings at some point? I tried to re-Provision the other night and forgot that I had cleared out the proxy settings, and that's the exact same message I got. Once I re-entered the proxy info, it Provisioned fine.

No doubt there are other causes for this problem, but there's a thought.
  3.    #3  
    No. I didn't change anything. It just appeared out of the blue. Funny thing is, Blazer seems to start faster now. Maybe that's because it is not reading cookies!
  4.    #4  
    Update:

I tried a soft reset, hard reset, still happening. And the last time it just hung on the reprovision attempt, and now I can't connect to Vision at all. Just getting the "Error 67 -- Registration Fialure. Check your username and/or password...."

I called customer service, got the Vision department, and they said there was some sort of update underway and their systems were down. I asked if that could be the cause of this problem, and they said possibly but didn't seem too sure.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?
    Some of my Treos started doing this...basically no data for a day and a half.

There was some sort of failure with Sprints network.

Everything is ok now.
  6.    #6  
    I am still having the problem--anyone else??
    im with you mike, though my cookies were not lost. someboby help?
  8.    #8  
    Ok, I fixed it. Sprint had to re-input all my network login info and I am back in business. But no explanation how/why it happened or why cookies were affected.
    thankx
    The automatic re-provisioning happened to me also. Like a dumbass I accepted and in the middle it failed, and I ended up with no vision service. Had to call Tier II tech support to reprovision. The good thing is I asked for and got the MSL code (not the one time code). I wrote down the procedure. Now just have to try it to make sure I did indeed get the MSL code. Since my call to Tier II, there has been 3 other attempts from Sprint to auto re-provision my phone. Anyone know why this is happening? I called tier II to find out but have not been able to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    My Treo 650 had been working great since November. Beginning last night, it keeps trying to reprovision. After it attempts, it says "the update was not successful due to a server communication error. If the problem persists, please contact Sprint." I am then still able to connect to Vision, BUT all my cookies are gone in Blazer! I re-entered passwords and such, and they stayed until the provisioning popped up again and went through the same process--after which cookies were gone.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Same story here - was sending email, it PhoneUpdater launched, update failed due to server comm error. BUT, Vision still worked fine afterward.
  12.    #12  
    Be careful PL, that happened to me a few times, too--but then finally I stopped being able to get into Vision. Something is up. Sorry that you are all having the same problem, but feels a little better to know it is not just me.
    Happened to me..Vision still worked...maybe they're cooking up a way to monitor/charge for laptop usage?
  14.    #14  
    This is STILL happening to me--anyone else? And, same as when it was happening the last time, around the same time I lose my cookies and get the following hotsync error message:

WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database with Creator ID 0x496f7461 to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\ElmendM\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB. The file contained database with Creator ID 0x424c5a34 data.

Any ideas out there?
    I called Tier II tech support and they opened a trouble ticket. I stopped getting the automatic repovisioning a few days after that. Hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    This is STILL happening to me--anyone else? And, same as when it was happening the last time, around the same time I lose my cookies and get the following hotsync error message:

WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database with Creator ID 0x496f7461 to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\ElmendM\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB. The file contained database with Creator ID 0x424c5a34 data.

Any ideas out there?
    I had a problem on Saturday morning in Phoenix. I was looking up directions on mapquest and Vision stopped working. I forced a provision through ##data# and it worked after that.

I recall having a problem with sprint provisioning my toshiba vm4050. They had me manually enter all information and such (which didn't work). The only thing that does work is to wait; the problem is almost always on their side.
    I lost my cookies a lot back in my college days, but then I was doing a lot of heavy drinking.
    ~'kito