1.    #1  
    Can anyone help ??

Downloaded software called "Happy Days" until today haven't figured out how to use it. I would really like to use it to keep up with important dates.

I know I know, I'm software challenged.

Thanks in advance.
    It pulls the birthday from your comment line in the contacts. It will then load the birthdays into your calendar. I have been using it for several years it is fantastic.

Read the documentation.

Mike
    If you rename one of the custom fields in your datebook "Birthdate" (that's configurable) and put birthdays in that field in the form mm/dd/yyyy, when you run Happy Days it'll pull all the birthdates from the datebook and display them all for you in one convenient screen. It even lets you put reminders in your datebook so you'll be reminded when one of your contact's birthdays is coming up.

It's a great program.... and it's free!
    Last edited by jberman; 01/16/2005 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Clarification.
  4.    #4  
    datebook = contacts ??
    You got it ... Jb means contacts when he says datebook.
    Change the custom field in contacts to birthday (you can use other names but it must be specified in HappyDays preferences), fillin the contacts with their birthdates (you can also enter spouses and children and anniversaries) also to-do's by date, and then they are on a list (sortable), and then hit update and they are added to your palm calendar.
    It is a bit hard to follow the instructions but once you get the jist it is a great program.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  6.    #6  
    I got it working ! Thanks guys for your help !!
    Oh yeah, datebook = contacts. Whoopsie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtang64
    It pulls the birthday from your comment line in the contacts.
    Is this the same as the "Custom Fields" subsequently noted? Or can Happy Days work with birthdates stored in attached notes? If so, and if Happy Days is known to work with the Treo 650 (DateMate doesn't), I might have found an answer to my problems. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Is this the same as the "Custom Fields" subsequently noted? Or can Happy Days work with birthdates stored in attached notes? If so, and if Happy Days is known to work with the Treo 650 (DateMate doesn't), I might have found an answer to my problems. Thanks!
    It works on a 600 and I cannot comment on the 650.

HappyDays pulls from the custom field which must be renamed to match the preferences setup in HappyDays, You can list multiple people in the one renamed custom field, and you can check HappyDays preferences to check notes and it will pick up stuff from there also.

So, for instance, with one contact, you could list his birthday, his spouses name and birthday, their anniversary, and all their kid's names and birthdays in any combination or the one renamed custom field and notes.

It is a bit complicated as to exactly how you set it up but once I got it through my thick skull it worked and works great.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon