1.    #1  
    I used to use zlauncher and thought that all upgrades were free till a little while ago. When I upgraded from my TC to my t650, I tried to upgrade to the latest version of zlauncher since some improvements for the 650 have been added. Then I find that my reg codes does not work and I have to pay $7+ to get one of those free for life upgrades That would not be so bad if I could do that from palmgear (a site that I trust), not some other place that I court that I could goto has no jurisdiction over. enough venting and on to the question.

I had to switch back to MegaLauncher which I sitll get free upgrades on The only problem is I have a 1gb card with all my apps in the
    palm\programs\zlauncher\apps\... folders
    I have approx 200 folders in there and would like to create links to them in megalauncher. for the few programs in the palm\launcher folder on my SD card I can drag them to the top of the screen and the option to create a link is given to me, but from the subfolders this does not work. I can launch all the programs from the subfolders using the commander, but it becomes a chore to scroll the list at times.

Help anyone, at least till I can purchase the zlauncher update on palmgear or handango.
    What?

Why is it that you can't upgrade your ZL? Your post makes no sense....
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    I used to use zlauncher and thought that all upgrades were free till a little while ago. When I upgraded from my TC to my t650, I tried to upgrade to the latest version of zlauncher since some improvements for the 650 have been added. Then I find that my reg codes does not work and I have to pay $7+ to get one of those free for life upgrades That would not be so bad if I could do that from palmgear (a site that I trust), not some other place that I court that I could goto has no jurisdiction over. enough venting and on to the question.

I had to switch back to MegaLauncher which I sitll get free upgrades on The only problem is I have a 1gb card with all my apps in the
    palm\programs\zlauncher\apps\... folders
    I have approx 200 folders in there and would like to create links to them in megalauncher. for the few programs in the palm\launcher folder on my SD card I can drag them to the top of the screen and the option to create a link is given to me, but from the subfolders this does not work. I can launch all the programs from the subfolders using the commander, but it becomes a chore to scroll the list at times.

Help anyone, at least till I can purchase the zlauncher update on palmgear or handango.

All of the 4.x upgrades were free but there is a small charge to upgrade to 5.x. This is a common upgrade policy. All improvements on the current version are free but you have to pay for the new version.
    You might look into LauncherX as well. Upgrades are a bit slow right now, as the developer had an accidental death last year (I think) and someone else has taken over, but about the only thing you need that it does not do is have the "select" button operable on the 650 - that will be fixed, but we don't really know exactly when.

Meantime, it's far and away my favorite launcher, but I don't have my 650 yet, though.

I don't want to start "launcher wars," I just mention it for you to look if you have not before.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    What?

Why is it that you can't upgrade your ZL? Your post makes no sense....

When I purchased zlauncher, it specifically stated that there would be upgrades for life, NOT just for the version life, but FOR LIFE. Since I have not died, and the program has not Died, neither life is over! so I should get an upgrade. I know about the $7 upgrade (not 5 anymore), as another person stated, but I can not get it on palmgear (I would have payed for it). IF they stated you only get upgrades for this version and not the next letter version I would not be so upset, but this FALSE advertising that made me purchase it to start with pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    When I purchased zlauncher, it specifically stated that there would be upgrades for life, NOT just for the version life, but FOR LIFE. Since I have not died, and the program has not Died, neither life is over! so I should get an upgrade. I know about the $7 upgrade (not 5 anymore), as another person stated, but I can not get it on palmgear (I would have payed for it). IF they stated you only get upgrades for this version and not the next letter version I would not be so upset, but this FALSE advertising that made me purchase it to start with pisses me off.
    Just email them copy of the documentation of their offer and I'm sure they will make good. What was their response when you emailed them your question?
  7.    #7  
    I have done that three times, and I have emailed Palmgear twice with a copy of the email notification that their site sends when you notify the vendor about a problem or concern. I asked palmgear to look into it because that is where I saw the offer and where I purchased it from. Neither party replied to my concerns. In the third email I sent to the developer, I just asked them to make the upgrade offer available on palmgear so I can purchase it, still no responce.
  8.    #8  
    problem fixed closing thread
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
  9.    #9  
    admin can you delete this thread?
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro