Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thought I could take advantage of the good femme vibes with 2 perhaps basic question-- although customer service at Sprint couldn't answer them...

1. Sometimes on my Treo 650 screen, I get a flashing symbol that looks like a gear in the left hand corner--it appears where "Sprint" appears or the date. This appears both when the phone is on or off.

2. Also- sometimes the system sounds don't turn off---even though I have set the preferences to turn them off.

Any ideas?

Still looking for just the right avatar for this forum.......JC
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Thought I could take advantage of the good femme vibes with 2 perhaps basic question-- although customer service at Sprint couldn't answer them...

1. Sometimes on my Treo 650 screen, I get a flashing symbol that looks like a gear in the left hand corner--it appears where "Sprint" appears or the date. This appears both when the phone is on or off.

2. Also- sometimes the system sounds don't turn off---even though I have set the preferences to turn them off.

Any ideas?

Still looking for just the right avatar for this forum.......JC
    Actually, we need to see the Avatar before we decide whether to answer your questions or not.

Not sure about #2, but my guess for #1 is that you have an SMS message in your inbox.

Put up the Avatar and I'll think about answering #2.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks for the 24/7 response. I suppose I'll have to consider an avatar with S&M to get you to tell me what a SMS message is and where to retrieve it....
    Thanks, JC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Actually, we need to see the Avatar before we decide whether to answer your questions or not.

Not sure about #2, but my guess for #1 is that you have an SMS message in your inbox.

Put up the Avatar and I'll think about answering #2.
    Thanks for the 24/7 response. I suppose I'll have to consider an avatar with S&M to get you to tell me what a SMS message is and where to retrieve it....
    Thanks, JC

It certainly wouldn't hurt!

It depends on how you have it configured, but try the Messages Icon and see if there are any messages in your inbox, or I guess it could also be voicemail, now that I think about it.
    RTFM.

the asterisk in the upper right hand corner is telling you that you missed an alert. usually and sms, but it could be somthing else. search the forum for alert.prc. it will let you see what the alert is without tapping the screen. if you find it hard to tap the asterisk.

what pref are you talking about?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    search the forum for alert.prc. it will let you see what the alert is without tapping the screen. if you find it hard to tap the asterisk.
    You can just hold down the Center button to view your alerts.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Does anyone want to send me a free SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinj1EVA
    Treo 650's one of the best cell phones on the market, why not get it some good flash memory too

2GB SanDisk Ultra II's to be precise. Sustained 9MB write speed is pretty impressive IMO.
    I would put this in too but it is not available anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I would put this in too but it is not available anywhere.
    http://www.onsale.com/onsale/shop/de...sp?dpno=505822
    Al Hays
    Jeral Communications, LLC
    http://www.jeral.com
    While on the topic of buying things. Does anyone know a really smashing electronics retailer in the US that can ship to Sweden without a posh wrapping & stickers? just a plain old brown cardboard box?

Because of the horrendous taxes and customs here...
    I know its for sale, no one has it.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    TR30--Thanks to you and RTFM for the helpful tips. Somehow the blinking icon went away with no apparent action on my part. And there are no alerts.........

My other question was about the system sound-- especially the start up sound when turning on the Sprint Phone -- sometimes the system sounds appear-- even though in my Sound & Alerts Preferences :Application- General: I have System Volume set to "off"

Any ideas--- hard to be discreet with those sounds.. jc

I greatly appreciate the help from this site--
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    You can just hold down the Center button to view your alerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnclePunk

Well, maybe if you changed the nick to AuntPunk. With that nick, you're just making me nervous.
    Just for you, uncle. Free 128 MB SD card
    PalmOne does, if you have a Treo 650
    Yes, unfortunately. Everyone lists it, but no one has it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Damn....and too late to return it...already used it...
    Depends.

Check the return policy of where you bought it. Even if they charge 15% restocking because you opened it, you'd still come out ahead buying a good quick card for not much more. Here's a start at $90: http://tinyurl.com/6ff6f, the "regular" Lexar card is very good and can be found around $50 AR.

If you are enjoying the 650 enough to actually RTFM, then you may soon be a "power user" to Palm, and hence out of memory for all intents and purposes. A huge and fast SD card is your only defense at the moment to make it to the end of the warranty period with any semblence of the true power of the Treo.

Good luck!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    http://memorysuppliers.com/sa2gb60xsedi.html

preorder here, very pricey. Bought it w/ my Amex Gold so I can use BVG on it later
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinj1EVA
    http://memorysuppliers.com/sa2gb60xsedi.html

preorder here, very pricey. Bought it w/ my Amex Gold so I can use BVG on it later
    they all are pre-orders. no one is shipping the 2 gig sd card.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    try www.munduwireless.com mundu messenger very nice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123