Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    As Mac users one of the draw backs syncing with the Palm is the ability to sync categories with certain apps like Apple's AddressBook and iCal which neither one really has categories. AddressBook has "groups" and iCal has multiple calendars.

    I spoke to the MarkSpace guys at their booth this week during MacWorld in San Francisco, and I was told they are working on a complete iSync replacement that will be faster! and will support categories with AddressBook, iCal and Entourage. I'm not sure how category syncing will work. Maybe with the AddressBook groups, and a category on the Palm calendar with the same named calendar in iCal would work for me. Anything faster than iSync would be great. I sync a Treo 650 with a PowerBook G4, .mac and than a iMac with .mac. About every other sync I have to sit and watch iSync process a couple thousand items.

    I'm not sure how this is going to work with Tiger 10.4 which is suppose to have a different sync engine. MarkSpace guys did said summer '05 release. Maybe they could enter this thread, explain and give us something to look forward too.

    If your syncing with a Mac, The Missing Sync is the best way to go for now and the future. These guys are committed to the Mac platform!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    As Mac users one of the draw backs syncing with the Palm is the ability to sync categories with certain apps like Apple's AddressBook and iCal which neither one really has categories. AddressBook has "groups" and iCal has multiple calendars.

    I spoke to the MarkSpace guys at their booth this week during MacWorld in San Francisco, and I was told they are working on a complete iSync replacement that will be faster! and will support categories with AddressBook, iCal and Entourage.
    Yeah this has been talked about on their Beta Discussion List briefly. My understanding is that it won't replace iSync... but will work with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I'm not sure how this is going to work with Tiger 10.4 which is suppose to have a different sync engine. MarkSpace guys did said summer '05 release. Maybe they could enter this thread, explain and give us something to look forward too.
    It won't be developed for use with current iSync technology. They are in the process of developing it for Tiger's Sync Services. I am not a developer but as I understand it, the new Sync Services SDK went out to developers about 2-3 weeks ago.
  3. #3  
    I am starting to use e2sync to sync my treo and entourage 2004, and I noticed that it also syncs palm categories with ical calendars pretty well.
  4. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #4  
    This is great news! I don't sync with my Mac because iCal and Address Book don't currently support categories.
  5. #5  
    Hi
    I am brand new to this forum as well as a new user of the Sprint/Treo650. I am able to hot sync using the hot sync usb cable. However I cannot sync using Bluetooth. The 650 is discovered and paired. The Mac Bluetooth setup Assistant window displays"there were no supported services found on your mobile phone". Understand that Sprint has somewhat neutered the Bluetooth capability as far as using the phone as a modem for the laptop, I am wondering, if, when they deleted the DUN capability they also deleted the hotsync bluetooth capability.
    Feedback and help much appreciated.

    Don Smith
  6. #6  
    Don,

    This question is probably better suited for a new topic rather then a reply within this topic. You'll get more helpful responses that way rather then people telling you, well, what I'm telling you.

    TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  7. #7  
    TheHandlessKing
    Thanks for the input, I'll try it.

    Don Smith
  8. #8  
    my 650 syncs just fine through Bluetooth, with use of Missing Sync...... however, iSync takes 2 hours - literally........ sometimes 3 hours
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  9. #9  
    will isync get better in OS 10.4?
  10. #10  
    I saw this too with my Cingular Treo 650. After installing shadowmite's DUN patch *and* turning DUN on, then going through the BT setup assistant, it worked!

    Jud

    Quote Originally Posted by dasmith59
    Hi
    I am brand new to this forum as well as a new user of the Sprint/Treo650. I am able to hot sync using the hot sync usb cable. However I cannot sync using Bluetooth. The 650 is discovered and paired. The Mac Bluetooth setup Assistant window displays"there were no supported services found on your mobile phone". Understand that Sprint has somewhat neutered the Bluetooth capability as far as using the phone as a modem for the laptop, I am wondering, if, when they deleted the DUN capability they also deleted the hotsync bluetooth capability.
    Feedback and help much appreciated.

    Don Smith
  11. #11  
    i have been using now up to date and now contact since it came out in 1991ish. it has a great set of categories that can be color-coded. it comes with it's own palm conduit that syncs beautifully, especially when used with datebook5. the categories sync WITH color codes. color codes even on to-do list (red /bold for deadlines, blue for personal, orange for travel, etc)

    i am using now contact less and less -- i like mac's built-in address book better simply because the interface is cleaner (not as cluttered, and i don't use the categories that much)

    i have been using this since the palm iiic came out. never a problem.

    what i have to do is sync up the palm, and then run a separate program that now has that syncs it with the mac address book.

    everything flawless; i just wish i could cut out that extra step.

    i am not sure how the groups in address book would match up--but it seems it would be an easy thing for apple to do.

Posting Permissions