1.    #1  
    A member on another forum claimed that P1 has already released a patch to fix the 512b block hog memory issue on the 650. I can find any reference to this patch being available and believe he lied in an effort to prove a point on false information.

I am really interest if this patch is available due to the fact that I have so many 650 friends and coworkers that would be very happy with this patch....I would become their hero!

Does this really exist? If so, do you have a link?

Or was he just blowing smoke?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/16/2005 at 12:02 PM.
    I don't think it exists. If it did there would be a sticky with 45,000 responses on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    A member on another forum claimed that P1 has already released a patch to fix the 512kb block hog memory issue on the 650. I can find any reference to this patch being available and believe he lied in an effort to prove a point on false information.

I am really interest if this patch is available due to the fact that I have so many 650 friends and coworkers that would be very happy with this patch....I would become their hero!

Does this really exist? If so, do you have a link?

Or was he just blowing smoke?

Thanks for your help.
    Settle down, Beavis. It's just a phone.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    could someone restate/post the 512 memory block error so we can have something to complain about. My t650 is running great. and its loaded with tons of apps. So now I need to know what this 512 bug is so I can get man.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    could someone restate/post the 512 memory block error so we can have something to complain about. My t650 is running great. and its loaded with tons of apps. So now I need to know what this 512 bug is so I can get man.
    clicky
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    Noob....Nothing wrong with trying to help out some solid Treo 650 lover friends without getting their hopes up with false information.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Here is a post I did on another forum over at SprintUsers.com when someone asked a similar question because he kept on running out room on the 650:

These are exactly the same issues many of my co-workers are dealing with their 600's and 650s.

Due to the limitations of the current Palm OS many programs do need to run in main memory or need to be tricked to thinking they are running in main memory.

The 512b block memory issue does not help the issue as well. Because if you have a 17kb file then it will take up the whole 512b block and NOT share it with any other file...so if you have a lot of large files, this bug or P1 oversight will affect you a lot less than if you have programs with a lot of smaller files.

I do not believe this was an issue with the 600, just the 650.

When I had my 600 and many of my 600/650 friends are forced to running off a slower SD card instead of fast internal mem.

Zlauncher has a utility that can help trick the OS and syncing software into thinking the programs are in main mem while actually running them on a card. The other program I used a lot was Alias by Teal ...but this only allows for 100 allias links, which I found very limiting in a very short time.

I know this does not address the read/write access slowness, but at least you don't have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling programs as you need them do to lack of memory or pore memory management.

Bjork on another thread claimed P1 has a fix the 512kb issue, but we cannot seem to find it....so you might ask him just to verify if we are missing something. (This is claim is what prompted this post here at TC)

I have not heard of any companies upgrading the memory in the 650 at all, but I haven't looked either. If you don't get an answer on this one here, try posting that question at TreoCentral.

I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    Another useless post.