1.    #1  
    I've been priding myself on my bargain purchase of an adapter and retractable stereo earbuds from Radio Shack for less than $10. Sounded ok, kinda thin, but usable I thought. I thought hey- it's a phone after all. Then today, I decided to try a pair of noise canceling, folding Aiwa headphones. I was shocked at the difference. The Aiwa's sounded awesome when watching Starwars Empire Stikes Back! Full spectrum hifi and kicking bass. I had no idea the Treo 650 was capable of this!!!! Guess what I bought today (in addition to a San Disk 1GB card)?
    More score for the T650.

Eat your hearts out "Treo Killers." LMAO, hahahah
    what are you using to rip DVDs and play them back?

I wanna learn!!!!!!!!!
  4.    #4  
    Been a journey for me, but it's pretty easy now.

Step 1: Rip the DVD
    I rip with Pocket DVD. But couldn't make anything except ver 1.2.6 (old) Pocket DVD work. Newer versions kept asking for a DVD Navigator. On the advice of another on this forum, I downloaded the trial version of Power DVD and that gave me the DVD Navigator needed.

Step 2: Convert ripped file to MPEG4
    I then encode the avi file produced by Pocket DVD to MPEG4 using Kinoma Producer. This is very easy to do.

Step 3: Copy to SD card and play

For playback i bought Kinoma Player and installed it on my Treo 650.

Copy the MPEG file to \Palm\Programs\Kinoma on your sd card. Then start Kinoma player and it will list all of the MPEG4 files it sees in that folder. Select one and enjoy!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Yeah, I also was impressed with the music sound quality once I plugged in high quality headphones into my Treo 650 using 3.5" to 2.5" adapter. I was using PocketTunes with extended bass turned on. The sound was awesome!! Unfortunately the dedicated headphones with the microphone that I use don't give the phone sound potential any justice. I'd appreciate if anyone would recommend good sounding headphones that have the mic as well.

(Please move the discussion on DVD ripping to a separate thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    ...I'd appreciate if anyone would recommend good sounding headphones that have the mic as well.
    I second that motion...
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    Guess what I bought today (in addition to a San Disk 1GB card)?
    Ok, I'll throw my guess out there..... a hampster?

Where do I collect my prize
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    I've been priding myself on my bargain purchase of an adapter and retractable stereo earbuds from Radio Shack for less than $10. Sounded ok, kinda thin, but usable I thought. I thought hey- it's a phone after all. Then today, I decided to try a pair of noise canceling, folding Aiwa headphones. I was shocked at the difference. The Aiwa's sounded awesome when watching Starwars Empire Stikes Back! Full spectrum hifi and kicking bass. I had no idea the Treo 650 was capable of this!!!! Guess what I bought today (in addition to a San Disk 1GB card)?

Which ones did you get? The HP-CN6?

http://www.us.aiwa.com/default.asp?p...roduct&prod=17

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions