1.    #1  
    After the myterious reset, Treo lost all of its preferences and regitration info..

On top of that, it somehow corrupted Versa Mail DB, and it resets everytime I click the application, and the hotsync throws this error message:

Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account 'gMail': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.

Anyone have any clue for this issue? Since Versa mail is installed on the ROM, the file management program does not let me delete any related files..
    Can you do a hard reset and restore everything except all versamail related files using a program like backupbuddy, etc.?
    If you haven't deleted your server mail when you used versamail to download you should delete versamail (2 files on HH) and reinstall it. Be careful, the backup on your desktop may also be corrupted. I would delete the backup as well before reinstalling from the CD.
    The exact same thing happened to me today, KPZ.

There was a weird message today at noon (when Handmark Express tried to update). The message said it was updating PCS Vision or something.

After that, I get the exact same errors you do. Also, whenever I try to open the Versamail application, the treo resets.

Did Sprint do something to screw us all up?
    P.S. Are people talking about the "mysterious reset" on other threads? KPZ made it sound like they are, but I can't find it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CMKSpoons
    P.S. Are people talking about the "mysterious reset" on other threads? KPZ made it sound like they are, but I can't find it.
    It was one of my other threads.. "Another way to crash Treo650 - Semi Fatal "

One thing to note is that, mine reset was not initated by Vision actually. I was not connected, but when I turned it on for Adarian Money and clicked the Money icon, it suddenly resetted itself and deleted all pref. files.. and the Versa mail misery came up..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    If you haven't deleted your server mail when you used versamail to download you should delete versamail (2 files on HH) and reinstall it. Be careful, the backup on your desktop may also be corrupted. I would delete the backup as well before reinstalling from the CD.
    Can you please explain which 2 files on HH I should delete? (and what is HH?) When I tried to delete 2 files Versa Mail files via Files Manager in ZL, it failed cuz they are on ROM.

Also.. Per CMKSpoons, even the hardreset does not seem to fix the issue..
    HH means handheld, I assume, but I don't know how to delete VersaMail, either.

I also don't know how to delete thebackup files for VersaMail from my computer (as in, I don't know which ones they are).

Isn't VersaMail stored in ROM, and thus un-deletable?
    if you need to reset you VM, remember this is going to delete all your VM settings, delete mmcache 0-8 and mmnotify/send/disconnect files.
    Treoing & Loving it
  10.    #10  
    ** the dup post **

##337 just says "Fatal Exception".

Btw, following the instruction on this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=63755&page=1 fixed the issue!!

Versa mail is restored to the basic and the hotsync does not throw any error any longer!

But nonetheless, I am not sure sure how to recover if I had any critical account with Versa Mail since it seems like once you hot sync the backedup data in your PC also gets corrupted. This is very dangerours....
  11.    #11  
    Actually, when I turned on the phone again, it just went to reset and erase all the pref. once again. This is driving me crazy now.
    KPZ, did you delete the same files from the backup on your computer? If not, I think your first hotsync will just put the old ones back.

I deleted them from both locations, and things seem (knock on wood) to be working now, more or less.

I still have to re-register all my software, and add stuff that was not automatically re-installed after the hard-reset.

Then I have to go buy a good backup utility.
    There are two versamail files: an application and an overlay. Both reside in Rom. Thus a hard rest is necessary to lose the application and start fresh. Before you hotsync go to your desktop backup directory and delete these two files because they seem to be corrupted. The backup folder, if you specified the user as Treo650 is usually under:

c:\program files\palmone\treo650\backup
    I don't think you need to delete anything other than the files they talk about in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=63755&page=1
    Last edited by CMKSpoons; 01/15/2005 at 09:47 PM. Reason: HTML error