View Poll Results: Future Treo 650 users what are you buying?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Treo 650 with data plan for $15

44 97.78%
  • Cingular Treo 650 with data plan for $40

1 2.22%
  • Cingular Treo 650 with data plan for $80

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm buying a Treo 650 from Cingular given that the unlimited data plan is $19.99 a month. However, if it is true that the new data plan will be $40 or even $80 as it states on Cingular.com, then I'm buying a Sprint Treo with a $15 data plan. Cingular is not only raising the bar but also raising the prices. Anybody willing to pay $40 or $80 to Cingular?

Let's make a poll,

Al
    I have an older Vision plan with Sprint that is unlimited data for $10/month. Plus, if you're on a family plan, then additional phones on your account can get unlimited vision for only $5/month. Not bad...
    I have an originaly Sprint Vision Plan, and unlimited vision is included for free. That's a price I can live with.
    Wow, nice!
    Unlimited vision for free, otherwise I might not have sprint...
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    I'll tell you what ... I've been holding out for a
    A) Verizon to surprise me with a 650 (Won't hold my breath)
    B) t-mobile to come out with a GSM version of the 650 (again, not holding my breath)
    C) Cingular's 650 plan with (hopefully) an unlocked GSM phone.

BUT: I went into a Sprint store to dork with the 650 last night. I have to say that the price is quite compelling. I'd even be saving a considerable about of money over my NON-pda phones from Verizon. (I have 3 phones now.)

Sprint is now on my radar.
    Canadian here

at present i pay 60$ CAD for 15MB a month, along with a voice package of 35$ (350 weekday mins UL evenings/weekends 6pm-8am, persecond billing, deatiled invoice, call forwarding, call waiting, conference calling, CID and Enhanced VM included), 15$ for my SMS package (500 send / 2500 recieve); then applicable LD (10cents/min canada 15cents/min US) CRTC SAF (6.95) 911 charge (0.50) Taxes (GST PST and sometimes QST) hi

the only that may happen when i get the treo 650, is to increase my data plan...increase it from 60$ 15MB to 100$ 100MB, or not change it all depending on how im using the data now on my 600
    If it were not for Sprint PCS being the only carrier for the T650 during the latter part of 2004, and having the most enexpensive unlimited vision data plan among carriers I would probably be amongst those in the longest thread I've seen here about GSM Treo with Cingular.

I still have a couple of days to return this baby and join those who are waiting for other carriers to move their butts. Oh, the agony of hi tech anxiety.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    Unlimited vision for free, otherwise I might not have sprint...
    I will agree with you there
    As it stands, I bought a performance plan at CompUSA, because I may even consider switching to Cingular even if it costs more, if the performance and quality is there.
  10.    #10  
    I guess Cingular is going to lose a lot of Treo 650 customers. All this time we were waiting just to see an expensive GSM Treo. I hope a patch for Sprint gets release by the time the GSM version comes out. Al
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just FYI, Sprint offers an unadvertised $10 vision plan. I know that it is unlimited data, but I believe something else is pared down (SMS maybe? dunno). You do have to call customer (dis)service to get it, but it should be easy assuming you get someone who can find it in the computer.

BTW, I have a Sprint 650 because UPS employees get the top-tier discount with Sprint, and you can't beat 25% off your bill each month! I'm interested in trying Cingular, but they are still at a measly 10% discount. I'm hoping that once the business units are finally merged they'll up the corporate discount, then maybe I'll try them out.
    I find it hard to believe Sprint's pricing will remain so cheap. I expect them to send out a notice (like VZW did) dropping the bomb that data pricing is like $40 more/month.

The reason I think this is b/c on spcs.com/my account it says 'check your minute and data useage.' DATA? I never had that with any other Vision phone.

In the meantime, however, I'm enjoying the low rate...
    the data plan was $20 and is $20 who is the ***** that posted this poll?
    The first poster can only create a poll. Unless you have some inside info at Cingular don't be so sure of yourself until it is released and you try and purchase a plan. You (unfortunately) might find yourself eating some crow. (there is no "smilie" with a tear rolling down it's cheek).

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    the data plan was $20 and is $20 who is the ***** that posted this poll?
    I have sprint unlimited data for $5 for two lines. Old promotion
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    Just FYI, Sprint offers an unadvertised $10 vision plan. I know that it is unlimited data, but I believe something else is pared down (SMS maybe? dunno). You do have to call customer (dis)service to get it, but it should be easy assuming you get someone who can find it in the computer.

BTW, I have a Sprint 650 because UPS employees get the top-tier discount with Sprint, and you can't beat 25% off your bill each month! I'm interested in trying Cingular, but they are still at a measly 10% discount. I'm hoping that once the business units are finally merged they'll up the corporate discount, then maybe I'll try them out.

Does anyone know anything about this $10 plan? What doesn't it include that I have with the Vision Pro for $15? How do I ask for it?
  17.    #17  
    Did anybody mention that Sprint is giving 2 months free on any Data Plans?
    WOW that is big.

Al
    I just called Sprint CS asking about a rumored $10 Vision plan and was told there is a $10 unlimited Vision plan that still includes PictureMail. The only thing it doesn't have (I was told) that my Pro Vision doesn't is a $5 monthly download credit. I certainly don't need that, so she switched me to the $10 plan (on next month's bill cycle anyway).
    Where is choice D? I think buying the PalmOne T650 and put my T-Mobile sim in it; $20 data plans I'm told.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Where is choice D? I think buying the PalmOne T650 and put my T-Mobile sim in it; $20 data plans I'm told.
    If you don't mind using your Treo On a GPRS connection... it still won't blow you away using EDGE. I can't imagine using it with GPRS, well considering I like to browse the web with it and all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast