View Poll Results: Future Treo 650 users what are you buying?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Treo 650 with data plan for $15

44 97.78%
  • Cingular Treo 650 with data plan for $40

1 2.22%
  • Cingular Treo 650 with data plan for $80

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I always thought data prices would go down over time, but carriers seem to be jacking up rates. The Sprint rep told me Sprint is charging ~$50/month for Blackberry users. I still have my Vision at $5/month, and I'm not dumping it anytime soon.

On a parallel, I just a notice from my cable company (Charter) that the cable modem plans are going from $30 and $40 a month to $40 and $50 a month.
    Ha, yah right, I've had a Comcast cable modem for about 6 years now. The thing just gets more and more expensive.

I don't think you can compare Blackberry service to normal data service. You are paying for the server that pushes the email to you as well not just a standard data connection.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperManFan
    I just called Sprint CS asking about a rumored $10 Vision plan and was told there is a $10 unlimited Vision plan that still includes PictureMail. The only thing it doesn't have (I was told) that my Pro Vision doesn't is a $5 monthly download credit. I certainly don't need that, so she switched me to the $10 plan (on next month's bill cycle anyway).
    I'm sorry I'm new to Sprint. What do you mean by "the $5 monthly download credit." Is it something like downloading ring tones, games and screan savers?

Thanks,

Al
    Sprint's billing systems were architected for metered data at the Vision rollout in '02. Metering wasn't integrated into the billing yet at rollout, but all the databases were set up for it.

I have no idea whether they've finished integrating the metering or not, but if I had to bet, I'd bet against it. Metered data is pretty much a permanently missed revenue opportunity for Sprint, because they can only raise pricing on you by inducing you to change price plans, and most of the people who were really hot for mobile IP have already signed up for unlimited plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I'm sorry I'm new to Sprint. What do you mean by "the $5 monthly download credit." Is it something like downloading ring tones, games and screan savers?

Thanks,

Al
    you got it, they give you $5 of funny money to spend in their ridiculously overpriced Evaporating Media Store.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12