1.    #1  
    I finally can't take it any more and had Sprint restore my account back to my Treo600 from my Treo650. The Bluetooth was the most significant improvement. But I had trouble syncing with BT. First time it worked fine. Then the second time, it hangs trying to backup some phone database. There is no way to switch off the backing up of PhoneDatabase on either the Treo or the iSync/MissingSync conduits. Even the pros at the MissingSync booth at MacWorld gave up. (Told me to download some utility called fileman.prc to delete some db file.) Bought a motorola BT headset and set it up. Sometimes, you can press the button on the BT headset and it will answer the phone. Sometimes, it won't. Back to the *****-proof wired headset that came free with the phone.

Even forgetting the BT, the software GUI changes on the 650 are all worse than the 600. One of the best feature of the 600 is that the spacebar works like the center button (select) key. But for some stupid reason, this was eliminated on the 650. When you try to hit the center button on the 650, half the time, it thinks you pressed the down button.

Also, simple things like dialing a number. The 650 pauses for like 10 seconds when you press the dial button to when it actually dials. Meanwhile, you think you didn't press hard enough so you press it again. That gets the 650 confused. I cannot believe PalmOne can be so incompetent to screw up so royally on something this important for the company.

It is like Apple releasing a new iPod that changes all the GUI. I hope a new software release is coming that takes us back to a 600 with better screen and keyboard. It is as if they fired all the programmers in Silicon Valley and gave the 650 project to India to program! The 650 cannot come from the same team that brought us the 600. Something went terribly wrong.

I cannot believe there is no posting on this forum. Is everyone just getting used to this inferior user-interface?

Am I the only one that has downgraded back to the 600?

Charles Ying
    Just because it's different and what you aren't used to doesn't make it inferior. You can not like it - or be frustrated that you have to learn a new way of doing things...

And all of these things have been discussed so I don't know what you are referring to by "I cannot believe there is no posting on this forum".
    There were similar gripes when the 600 came along. The more things change...
    You can't **** on the guy for complaining. Complaining is good--that is how things get improved.

Having said that, there are some serious issues with the Treo 650. On paper, it's a great upgrade. But in practice, it has a crap load of issues. The slow dialer, for example. You can't just bend over and take it. You have to complain to Palm, so they get it right. It is better for you as a consumer, and better for Palm as a company.

It sucks when you spent serious $$$ on a gadget and it has flaws. But don't take it personally. It's just a device.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    And all of these things have been discussed so I don't know what you are referring to by "I cannot believe there is no posting on this forum".
    Very true. They've been discussed at length, in multiple threads.

Quote Originally Posted by cying
    The Bluetooth was the most significant improvement.
    This comment, like most of what you said concerning the interface is a subjective statement, but I do feel the need to point out that most people upgrading from a 600 to 650 said the single biggest difference was the improved screen. Even people who bought the 650 for bluetooth said that the screen is what impressed them most.

As for the bluetooth problems, it does seem that quite a number of people have had problems with BT headsets. (One can only hope that these issues get resolved.) I've seen much less regarding problems with bluetooth syncs. A few people ran into issues but in every case I saw after posting their problem they were able to get advice/help and have since been enjoying their new phone.

On the other hand you can ignore me because I don't have a 650 yet (waiting for a GSM,) when I get one I'm not upgrading from the 600 so I'm not used to any features in particular, and obviously you're having frustrations with your phone and if you pay that much money for a phone it should be everything you want it to be.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    One of the issues is that he is implying the software changes on the 650 are bad. I consider them good. I prefer the software changes on the 650 to the 600. FYI, the slow dialer issue really seems to a Sprint specific thing. People have compared the Sprint 600 to the 650 and measured them as the same, it's just the 600 puts up a screen that it's doing something where the 650 doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by O1Coupe
    You can't **** on the guy for complaining. Complaining is good--that is how things get improved.

Having said that, there are some serious issues with the Treo 650. On paper, it's a great upgrade. But in practice, it has a crap load of issues. The slow dialer, for example. You can't just bend over and take it. You have to complain to Palm, so they get it right. It is better for you as a consumer, and better for Palm as a company.

It sucks when you spent serious $$$ on a gadget and it has flaws. But don't take it personally. It's just a device.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by O1Coupe
    I wasn't pissing on the guy. But there's a difference between *****ing and moaning and being constructive. There's the old expression that you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. True the squeeky wheel gets the grease - but personally, I have had tremendous success with Sprint and in all other aspects of my life by communicating problems is a constructive way and not as a "gripe" as so many posters here rant and rave.

Is the TREO 650 perfect. Of course not - nothing ever is. The original poster made a statement that the new UI was inferior. I merely suggested that it was different and not something he was used to.

For him he made the right decision - he didn't like the 650 so he reverted back. People ALWAYS have a choice. No one is putting a gun to your head to upgrade, downgrade, move to a different carrier or phone and whatnot.

Some of the posters here (not the above) I find a little funny to read. There are limitations (whether we are happy or not) but P1 is not contracted under law to provide every little whim and fancy we want. It would be like buying a car and getting 24 miles to the gallon. Some from this board would **** and moan that they wanted to get 28 miles per gallon and that this was clearly an error in manufacturing because their last model got 28 miles per gallon. It's a different machine.

Eh whatever.. me griping about the griping isn't going to change anything anything either