Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    Gary--- Great thinking on this one. The market would be huge as nobody wants to buy a SLED,....
    Perhaps but the sled has the advantages of a separate battery and using the serial port rather than the card slot.
    I tried to email your company and it got bounced back. I called the company 'hq' phone number and your mom said you were busy in the basement. Please PM me here or leave your Yahoo email address.

Quote Originally Posted by veritouch
    How kind.

Over and out on disclosing any more about our projects in this forum, I don't have
    time for this...

Anyone who has an interest can contact the company via email.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I called the company 'hq' phone number and your mom said you were busy in the basement.
    hahaha
    I got this PM from veritouch this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by veritouch
    I'll reply to your mail if you agree that it is private

I have no idea what it means. I didnt mention anything in any of my posts about emailing him. Weird.

Of course now all hell will break loose because I posted this. Hmm I sound worried. I am not.
    Last edited by Woof; 01/17/2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: addition
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Forgive my ignorance, but why can't you develop a VOIP solution using Bluetooth (IOW, to connect to a PC with a USB/Bluetooth adapter)?
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Quote Originally Posted by markshelby
    Forgive my ignorance, but why can't you develop a VOIP solution using Bluetooth (IOW, to connect to a PC with a USB/Bluetooth adapter)?
    You probably could, unless its a matter of bandwidth. My guess is that WiFi is so widespread, with coffeehouses, bookstores, and many municipalities having hotspots set up, BT just wouldn't be as effective, outside of your home.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    please exscuse me, I am a treo novice. what is VOIP, & how would it be helpful ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjohn133
    please exscuse me, I am a treo novice. what is VOIP, & how would it be helpful ?
    Voice Over IP. If you're familiar with Vonage (which I use and love), that's VOIP. Using internet to place calls, rather than Cellular or POTS.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by kjohn133
    VoIP, voice over Internet Protocol, is an application that runs on your PC, PDA, or other computer. It can be used to bypass toll charges. It might be helpful if one had (free/cheap) access to the Internet via WiFi with limited (or expensive) (cellular) access to the PSTN. A few people might save a lot of money; most of us will work hard and save little.

If you are a Treo tyro, please worry about something else.
    Hi all, I wanted to quickly comment on the SDIO wifi + memory card everyone is talking about. I don't know who this guy is claiming they have one or will have one in the future. I agree with some of the analysis of other members. It is a daunting task to develop such a unit, plus write the drivers, plus write the VOIP soft client, and then support it for several Palmone handhelds. In saying this, I can confirm one thing. There is a manufacturer that is developing a wifi+memory sdio card. However, it is not very simple for a manufacturer to support Palmone handhelds. They need to work with both Palmsource and Palmone. This can be expensive, time consuming, frusterating, well you get the point.... So i'm not sure whether the card will support the Treo 650. My guess is it will greatly depend on whether PalmOne decides to get involved. But, once again i can confirm a unit is being built. Oh yeah, for those who are concerned that maybe i don't know what i'm talking about, our company released the first SD GPS receiver for Palm handhelds. Okay, it wasn't perfect for the Treo 600 because of SDIO problems, but the 650 is working great. Regardless, we work very closely with several manufacturers and we (iGolf) wrote the Palmone drivers and 100% own the technology. So i have a little backround in this. Now some of you may find it upon yourself to tear into our company or me, but i just thought it was appropriate to state a little information about who i am and what we have accomplished. I wish the best of luck to see a wifi+memory card for the 650 but i can personally state it is not an easy task. Anyways, feel free to ask questions. Just don't ask for manufacturer names. Obvisouly i can't tell you.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'd only buy a product like this if it had 12,554,121,456,999 bit encryption...
    Now Skype is getting into the act, albeit with Pocket PCs (Windows). Looks like the trend is building momentum:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Skype expands to Wi-Fi/cell phones
    Signs up to pre-install VoIP software on i-mate phones.
    By Stephen Lawson, IDG News Service
    February 11, 2005
    http://www.techworld.com/mobility/ne...ge=1&pagePos=6

Skype's VoIP software is to be pre-installed on i-mate wireless and mobile handsets from Carrier Devices.

Newly manufactured i-mate PDA2 and PDA2K Pocket PC phones will come with Skype's software for making calls over the Internet. The handsets will be equipped out of the box for users to start making Skype calls.

The phones use Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs and have both GSM/GPRS and Wi-Fi. Carrier Devices also plans to put the Skype software in its i-mate JAM, a smaller version of the handset. With the Skype software, users can make calls over a broadband Internet connection through a Wi-Fi network, bypassing the GSM/GPRS provider.

Skype makes peer-to-peer VoIP software that lets users make voice calls to any other Skype user on the Internet for free. Customers can also make calls to fixed-line and mobile phones in countries around the world at a fraction of the cost of conventional international phone calls. Skype's software can be installed on some other Windows-based phones.

Earlier this month Skype announced a deal with Hutchison, a fixed-line carrier in Hong Kong, for a co-branded VoIP service. Last year Skype joined with Siemens to offer a USB adapter device for some Siemens cordless phones that lets users make Skype calls.

I-mate, based in Dubai, has carrier and distributor partners across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Russia, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. It is now planning a US launch.

###
    Just thought I woudl come in here and see if Gary had surfaced again with any new info on this world-changing product he claimed was to be released? Maybe he is busy helping OJ find Nicole's killer...
    LOL... actually he's due to release or at least announce a new product. First it was the super encrypted email and then VoIP. What could be next?

Maybe he'll announce dowsing software for the Treo. (Dowsing is finding water with two sticks for those that don't know. )
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123