Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    We know that, we need a lot of data throughput, and Sprint (and other carriers) would not be too happy with their customers just using their Treos to make free VOIP calls!!

'Nuff said.

Gary E. Brant, CEO
    VeriTouch Ltd. - New York
    Quote Originally Posted by veritouch
    We know that, we need a lot of data throughput, and Sprint (and other carriers) would not be too happy with their customers just using their Treos to make free VOIP calls!!

'Nuff said.

Gary E. Brant, CEO
    Do you plano on having a software client independent of your wi-fi SD card for users that opt to purchase the wi-fi sled mentioned here....

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/509-1.htm
    Why don't you forget about getting it working with WIFI for the first release and just get it working with a Bluetooth connection. The WIFI could come later as a separate release.
    That way anyone could just buy a cheap bluetooth wireless access point, install it at home and get VOIP over a fast internet connection. Then at least we could all get cheap phone calls from home (effectively removing any need for a landline at home).

WIFI would make the solution more flexible (more ubiquitously available) but this could come later.
    Thinking about a BT connection, why not just use your PC to dial, like with vonage, and then just use a BT headset around the house now. No need for the 650 here, unless you do not want to use the dialer on the PC. But I think a few scripts would fix this, or even VNC.

WiFi is cool because it will work at airports, and Starbucks, as well as your house and office without the need for your PC with BT, although you could WiFi with your pc in the airport and BT with out the 650 but with the headset, etc.
    Since my local phone service through Sprint is only $20 including tax, I don't really see the need for VOIP at home. I guess VOIP is good for long distance, but last time I checked, VOIP wasn't cheaper than $20.

How much is local service through the phone companies for you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    Thinking about a BT connection, why not just use your PC to dial, like with vonage, and then just use a BT headset around the house now. No need for the 650 here, unless you do not want to use the dialer on the PC. But I think a few scripts would fix this, or even VNC.
    It would be nice to be able to make phonecalls whilst wandering around the house rather than being stuck within 10 feet of a PC. There are Bluetooth access points out there that give you a range of between 50 and 150 feet:
    http://www.pico.net/products.html
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=134669
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Since my local phone service through Sprint is only $20 including tax, I don't really see the need for VOIP at home. I guess VOIP is good for long distance, but last time I checked, VOIP wasn't cheaper than $20.

How much is local service through the phone companies for you guys?
    I have different needs to you since I often phone long distance and even more often I phone internationally. I have a $39.99 national 600 minute plan from T-Mobile to take care of the local and long distance, and currently I pay 2.2c/min to phone the U.K. by using Onesuite. The only problem is that calling via onesuite also consumes minutes from my cellphone plan unless I phone at nights or weekends (since I have free nights and weekends).
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    but one of the biggest reasons *I* think voip using wifi would be cool is that you could bring your sprint phone overseas and use it for calls wherever there is a wifi connection...
    EXACTLY! How many more business/power user types would get SprintPCS if they could use their Treo650 overseas, not just to make calls, but to also check email etc...just like they do while in the U.S.?
    The one thing that would hold me back from using a WiFi card - at least not for permanent use - is that so far these cards are too large for my taste. For a GPS card perhaps...but I won't be buying any WiFi card unless it has the form factor of a standard size SD card. I realize that might go at the cost of signal strength....so be it.
    I am very suspicious of this guy...note the link takes you to his writings of mid year 2004 that never materialized... http://www.deceptykhan.com/2004/06/y...w-are-you.html

This is the most "transparent" DRM scheme ever released to the public! All you do is "touch the button", and personalized content delivered to your device plays back.

It's no different than touching a button or switch on any other portable player.

Did I mention that the iVue is a GSM/GPRS Tri-band phone with a retractable keyboard for instant messaging under its screen, and a 1.5 Megapixel video camera?

It has WIFI, Bluetooth, and some other features that you'll learn about upon release.

Reason to buy?

First-run and hopefully simultaneous releases of major music, video and video game content delivered wirelessly, and absolute privacy and protection of all stored content for customers. And it's your cell phone!

Gary E. Brant, CEO

and how about this one...
    STOCKHOLM, Sweden - 19 January 2004

Thinking Materials has, on assignment from VeriTouch Ltd. (U.S.A.), delivered the first working prototype of iVue, a revolutionary, patented hand held audio/video player capable of biometrically encrypting and decrypting digital media content. The authorized user authenticates via a fingerprint and can then use iVue to listen to music and watch DVD-quality videos, including wireless content delivery and connectivity to existing peripheral A/V equipment.

The iVue's unique security architecture eliminates piracy and prevents illegal copies to be made of music, videos, and video games delivered wirelessly or on mini-DVD disk.

Engineers and industrial designers from Thinking Materials created the device based upon VeriTouch's unique biometric encryption technologies with two major goals in mind. iVue should look really good and it should be easy to modify with a modular design in order to follow fashion trends. It should also be easy for consumers to use and simple to understand.

"These days, the key to a successful product is the right combination of looks and function. With iVue, I believe we have created a great platform for how the next generation of media players will work, mixed with a fashion sense that is really top of the line," commented Christian Bartholdsson, CEO of Thinking Materials.

"We are grateful for the world class support of Thinking Materials AB in designing the first integrated hardware device for delivery of encrypted media content to consumers," said Gary E. Brant, CEO of VeriTouch. "With the world's first 1.5 megapixel 32X digital zoom camera onboard, combined with wireless on-demand (WOD) downloading and security to eliminate piracy and illegal file-sharing, VeriTouch is presently coordinating release of premium video and music content to iVue users worldwide upon the product release later this year.* VeriTouch is proud to leap ahead of world-class competitors like Samsung, Nokia, Ericsson, and Motorola to the marketplace with truly ground-breaking features in our video-phone/wireless media player. Within our own biometrics industry, VeriTouch continues to demonstrate its innovative strength against competitors Identix and Precise Biometrics by taking core security technologies into new consumer markets, while protecting its stunning IP portfolio with strong patents."

iVue Personal Media Player is a Trademark of VeriTouch Ltd. (U.S.A.)* ©2004 VeriTouch Ltd. (U.S.A.) All Rights Reserved

For further information, kindly contact:

Gary E. Brant, CEO

NOW....GO TO WWW.VERITOUCH.COM and you find a very crude 5 page website with no news entries, 3 basic products, only one contact name...this is a joke that this guy has any thing of value for us to be waiting for. Meredith Wilson's the Music Man was at least entertaining...this is just bad.
    gharrod we've had our differences in the past but I think you are spot on with this one.

For those of you waiting on this, dont hold your breath. Unless of course you look good in blue.

Just more bs IMO.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof, I just started keeping my mouth shut and the boards got more enjoyable but I saw right through this deal. When someone portrays himself as a technology innovator like this but has no track record of success I am not spending any time or money on the products. It takes engineers, software developers and manufacturing to make these things not a photoshop of a product and a vision statement on a 5 page website someone made up on a Saturday afternoon.

Vonage is coming out with a wifi phone with Motorola in a few weeks for around $100 and that is the future. They signed a marketing agreement with Boingo so I assume there will be an ability to use that phone over Boingo wireless. Nex step I see is the convergence of wifi and cell that lets you use two different radios in the same device. Imagine being able to surf the net and download e-mail while talkinng on wifi phone all on the same device with bluetooth.
    I don't know NY. But could someone tell me if 11 Phelps Place Staten Island , NY 10301 is a valid business addess.

FYI This is public info from a whois report

Also why does mail.veritouch.com go to Fastmail
    Ya the Veritouch website is a bit of a joke. None of the products pictured are anything but mockups and there arent any links for buying them.

All the news stories are more than a year old.

Oddly there is no mention of the super secure email client advertised here some months ago (see the link in my first post in this thread).

I think the guy is a farce myself. Well maybe he's not but his products sure are.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I am laughing so hard right now it is funny... I just found a press release from this character...he actually has no business phone but uses his cell phone on the press release....I have to tell you I have never in my professional career saw a more unprofessional release then that. Doothe, the Phelps Place address is a legitimate adress but it could be a residence or a Mailbox Etc or a Kinko's for all we know.
  17.    #37  
    How kind.

Over and out on disclosing any more about our projects in this forum, I don't have
    time for this...

Anyone who has an interest can contact the company via email.

Thanks.
    How kind.

Over and out on disclosing any more about our projects in this forum, I don't have
    time for this...

Thanks.

Bahahahah
    How kind.

time for this...

Thanks.
    Considering the last product you announced was a resounding failure and doesnt even seem to exist, that sounds like a good choice.

You also might try announcing a product when you can release it instead of sharing an idea that yiou had in the middle of the night the morning after you had it. Having a VoIP client that uses treo wifi would be cool. It would be even cooler once someone has gotten the wifi working like it should. Until then your client is just a fantasy.

You also might try "announcing" it on your "website" first. Most of the folks here are savvy enough to check up on you and if your site has no mention of your new products it makes you look like an *****.

Good luck with this and future endeavors. With your track record here, you'll need it.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    I deem Mr Gary Brant now as "Captain Cut and Paste"...nothing would make me happier then to keep people from being sucked into this...

It is true Wifi phones are on the horizon and a Treo Wifi solution for phones is the new future! Even a month ago I found this an odd idea but now it is all falling into place.

Sorry Gary, we won't believe you on this till you produce something tangable. Are the PRPRPR $wires$ $not$ $accepting$ $your$ $lame$ $releases$ $anymore$ $so$ $you$ $are$ $posting$ $your$ $releases$ $on$ $forums$ $now$?
    Last edited by gharrod; 01/17/2005 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast