Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched and did find a lot of information, but I didn't seem to find anyone mentioning this....

Anyway, I am using the trial version of Pocket DVD Studio and am trying to decide if I want to buy the full version. One minor problem is this...I have tried all sorts of different settings, but when I play back my movies, every few minutes the video and audio jump a few seconds. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this happening because I am using the trial version, or will this still happen with the full version? Is the only difference between the trial and full version being able to record longer parts of the movie?

Thanks in advance.
    Never used the trial version, but I've never experienced this either. What player are you seeing this on? Why do you think Pocket DVD is causing it?
    sahmad88:

I you are experiencing an out-of-sync condition with your audio and video then, yes I experience that also.

I use MMPlayer to play back my movies and it does have an A/V Sync adjustment, however I've never been able to get the movies in sync no matter what A/V Sync setting I experiment with...

The movie as ripped by Pocket DVD full version is fine when I play it back on my PC though, so I am assuming the problem is with MMPlayer or could it be the speed of my 1GB SD card?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Big OTR Fan - It does seem to be an out of sync message. I played it on my PC and you were right, plays fine. Just curious - do you have a 600 or 650? I wonder if the 650 would make a difference. Oh - if only Verizon would hurry up and carry the 650.... *sigh*
    I used Pocket DVD and MMPlayer for both the 600 and the 650. Syncing was more of a problem on the 600 because of the slower processer. I have less problems with the 650 and get much better resolution.

Two things: 1) make sure you get a fast SD card (there really is a difference). I use an Ultra II and it works well for me. 2) I am using Pocket DVD 1.26. Up until recently, it was still available on the PQDVD website. You get slightly lower resolution (320x194) but it is a better program than any version of 2.x (which can do 320x240). I get the sense that the problems with 2.x were a result of a massive reprogramming by the developer to avoid violations of the DMCA.

BTW, do not expect any support from the developer. However, Pocket DVD is still an impressive program (oh, and MMPlayer is an extraordinary program with outstanding support)
    sahmad88:

I have a T600.

Jagger:

Do you think the a/v sync issue might be aggravated by Pocket DVD 2.xx version vs v1.26 even though the movie is in sync on the PC with v2.10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger
    BTW, do not expect any support from the developer. support)
    Don't expect support is right! In fact, he should also state that Pocket DVD will not rip DVD's anymore unless you can find a suitable DVD Navigator on your own. That would be nice to know before buying. Buyer beware!

That said, I use Kinoma to encode to MPEG4 and for AAC ausdio and also have sync problems. Great sounding audio BTW, but out of sync. Any ideas for different settings?
  8. edp
    I liked the discussion 'Simple as 1, 2, 3..) article i saw in TreoCental.com.

I followed the advice on this 1,2,3 discussion on setting up my PocketDVD Deluxe and MMPlayer. I recorded a DVD, yet I still have various problems viewing a good quality video on my Treo 600.

Here are some issues I have:

1) When wanting to record the movie using PDVD, it asks me to click on the 'Play Movie' on the movie screen, but it wont do anything when I do this.
    I get a message 'Do you want to stop recording', yet it isnt recording, nor will it until I can somehow get the movie to play. When I start up PDVD, the movie loads up and goes to the movie menu selection - this is where I get stuck.

2) Is there a way for me to change the 'Output File Name Default folder' where the .avi video records to on my computer Cdrive?
    I want to be able to tell it what folder to record this .avi file to.

3) I recorded a movie (somehow) and started to watch it(off my 1gb SD card on my Treo 600), yet the audio and video do not match. I see the video, yet the voices to not match up(sort of like watching an old japanese movie!). How can I correct this?

4) Also, when viewing the movie, after about 2-3 minutes, the movie starts back at the beginning again! Why is it doing this?

5) I also get audio bitrate warnings(ex: too much bit rate when encoding)...what do here? I turned off the video resolution warning as suggested by PDVD.

6) Finally, is there any other forum or solution for getting 'IDEAL SETTINGS for the Treo 600' when setting up both the PDVD and MMPlayer to view good quality videos. There must be somethingor someone out there I can refer to, which could save me alot of time - maybe you can help?

Thanks for your assistance!

Eric D. Pruessing
    edp1@adelphia.net
    EzEDP
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    1) When wanting to record the movie using PDVD, it asks me to click on the 'Play Movie' on the movie screen, but it wont do anything when I do this.
    I get a message 'Do you want to stop recording', yet it isnt recording, nor will it until I can somehow get the movie to play. When I start up PDVD, the movie loads up and goes to the movie menu selection - this is where I get stuck.

Have you tried changing the DVD Decoder? Go to Options->DVD Settings... and adjust your DVD Video Decoder.

2) Is there a way for me to change the 'Output File Name Default folder' where the .avi video records to on my computer Cdrive?
    I want to be able to tell it what folder to record this .avi file to.

Options->Output Settings...
    Big OTR Fan:

I cannot speak to the question of 2.xx vs. 1.26. After trying 2.03, 2.04 and 2.05, I gave up and went back to 1.26. I have no plans to go to 2.1.

However, I have noticed that certian thing can cause the A/V to go out of sync. They are:

1) When playing a movie on the Treo 600, if you fast forward or reverse more than once, it will go out of sync. This is due to the limitations of the Treo 600 processor. When I upgraded to the 650, this problem went away. MMplayer version 2.15 (which is scheduled to come out soon) may help with this issue as it will automatically remember where you left off in a movie if you have to exit the program.

2) Programs running in the background will kill the A/V sync. If you have BizConnect, SnapperMail or the like, the autoupdates or push to device will cause havoc. Even turning off the radio may not help (but usually does) because some of these programs do not check to see if it is on before updating.

3) Do not use your computer for other tasks while encoding. I have a fairly powerful computer but the conversion process uses ALL available resources. When I was doing something else while converting, the output got all messed up. Also, remember that encoding is a video intensive process. The better the video card, the quicker and cleaner the output (vast improvement when I upgraded from a 9600XT to X800 Pro).

4) Also, if the A/V sync is consistantly off even after all this, you can adjust it in MMPlayer. Mess around and see what work for you.
    I know I've probably exceeded my quota on rants about Pocket DVD, but I promise this is my last. I bought version 2.0.2, but could never make it work (lack of DVD navigator). Downloaded 1.2.6 and it worked, but I never felt quite right about it since I bought a higher version. I even tried 2.0.5, but had the same problems. Then, someone here suggested downloading a trial of Power DVD. This did indeed solve my DVD navigator problem and allowed me to finally test 2.0.5. Well, it did rip, but the results were very poor. Starts and halts throughout the video. Tried the files on several players with the same results. Tried several different settings in Pocket DVD, all with the same results. So, while it's too late to make a long story short, I've had to go back to 1.2.6 to make decent videos for the Treo 650. The author is just no help and I am left with using a lesser versions than I bought. Just thought others struggling with this might want to know.

Thanks for the bandwidth.
    YES.... my PocketDVDStudio ripped movies played on MMPlayer on my T600 are now in sync

I used PocketDivXEncoder as mentioned by dmets in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...46&postcount=2

Go there and get it via his link! YES....
    Update on my dissatisfaction with Pocket DVD-

I want to give recognition to PocketGear Support today. Even though they were the just the middleman in my problems with Pocket DVD, I called on them for help and they stepped up to the plate and made it right for me by refunding my purchase. It did though take two emails, but all's well that ends well.