1.    #1  
    Just got a call from my rep. He told me Cingular will be taking 650 orders on Jan 25th. No price information yet.
    So the rep just called out of nowhere telling your that they are taking orders for for the treo 650 (a 500.00) phone yet there is no price confirmation or other purpose for the call.
    I'll help you out here; OOoooh you must have a treo 600 and/or your contract is about to expire or you are eligible for an update because cingular wouldn't just make calls at random like that and not disclose price.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    So the rep just called out of nowhere telling your that they are taking orders for for the treo 650 (a 500.00) phone yet there is no price confirmation or other purpose for the call.
    I'll help you out here; OOoooh you must have a treo 600 and/or your contract is about to expire or you are eligible for an update because cingular wouldn't just make calls at random like that and not disclose price.
    My rep called me too, I am jumping. It is called customer service. If you have a business account or you have a good relationship with your rep they take care of you at Cingular. That is what I hve been saying all along. I talk to my Cingular rep almost monthly, lately every 3 to 4 days because of the 650. Most of the time we email back and forth, sometimes we talk. BTW, I don't have a contract and haven't since the first year I signed up 6 or 7 years ago. They have never required it, and have given me retention (without signing).
    I stand corrected; haven't got that yet with the business account with Sprint PCS; but then again this is my first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    I stand corrected; haven't got that yet with the business account with Sprint PCS; but then again this is my first time.
    It's understandable, being with Sprint you're not used to decent customer service.
  6.    #6  
    No, my contract is not about to expire. I mentioned the 650 to my rep 3 months ago. He contacts me every month to service my business account. He is not sure of the price, or if Cingular will do anything towards a credit for our 600's. I hope they will credit me for the old treo's. If not does anybody want to purchase them?
    Hmm...does "will be taking orders" mean "will be taking advance orders for late February delivery"?
    I just got a call too!!!!!!!!!! Looks like cingular is finally ready to sell the treo 650. My rep told me it is definitely the last week of January. I asked about pricing, he said he did not have that info, but said that it will most be the same price sprint charged when they first started selling the 650. He also told me that the reason for the delay was quality concerns from cingular, and they fianlly feel that it is ready to be deployed.
    Gee, I hope you are right. I spoke mwith Cingular today as I was told locally that the 650 would be ready on January 15. Cingular told me today it would be the middle of March. Anything newer than this?