1.    #1  
    im connecting treo 650 to laptop via synch cable, every thing work like a charm very fast, except there is one proplem when browsing the web pictures look grany not clear.

i dont know why when im using blazer same site on the treo the pictures look very nice and clear, i just signed with sprint i use to have tmobile i had no problem on tmobile using the same laptop but with sont p900 as modem.

thanx all
    I have never noticed this before. I use PDANet for the 650, and do lot's of browsing on the phone with Blazer. I've never seen a real difference in the resolution of images. Do you have a specific website that you are referring to?

Brian
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbaker
    I have never noticed this before. I use PDANet for the 650, and do lot's of browsing on the phone with Blazer. I've never seen a real difference in the resolution of images. Do you have a specific website that you are referring to?

Brian
    NO ALL WEBSITES YAHOO ETC.. SOME ONE SAID ITS PROXY PROBLEM FROM SPRINT
    refresh the screen from ur laptop should help
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I noticed the same fuzzy pics also. I accept the proxy story.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I noticed the same fuzzy pics also. I accept the proxy story.
    i tried refresh even reinstall and install pdanet no luck, very fast up to 160 in my area fresno california.
    only if i can fix my pics problem i dont need DSL anymore
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    refresh the screen from ur laptop should help
    chiselmonkey99
    so you dont have problem with pics look grainy at all?
    Hit CTRL 5 to clean this up. Go to Google, if you see a box around the Google logo hit this key combination and you will see the box dissapear. Images also sharpen. This is what June Fabrics recommended.
    its actually ctrl-F5
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinusa
    its actually ctrl-F5
    finaly problem solved ctrl+F5 WILL ENHANCE THE PICS RESOLUTION thanks truckinusa and othersfor help.
    This is actually an issue that happens when using all Sprint phones as a modem. Sprint's proxy servers compress all pictures.

I didn't know about the Ctrl-F5 thing. I'll have to try that out.
    You're right about the problem being on Sprint's end. The vision connection goes through a "squid" proxy to compress the images (and maybe other stuff). If you do a forced refresh the proxy will send the full-resolution images. I believe this is the same thing dial-up ISPs do as part of "high-speed" dialup. I recall someone metioning that if you have your phone's MSL code you can go into the programming and modify the proxy server/setting. Does anyone know if this can help out with the compressed images. For the 650 getting the code either takes some "social engineering" to get it out of Sprint or a modified serial sync cable (also detailed in one of the discussions) and a program called BitPim.