Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MMPlayer works great for me except sometimes it will not play some content all the way through and jumps to the next item. Yet trying again with same content, it will play all way through. Like it otherwise. Would like to see a couple more DivX/MPEG players though.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    The only issue I am having is that if the "use buttons" setting is checked, I cannot correctly navigate the menus with the 5-way. Pretty annoying.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I find the out of sync audio way more annoying. I hate having to manually adjust each time and then it still isn't in sync. Blows.
    ~'kito
    I saw this mentioned in another thread started by dutchtrumpet discussing an app called UDMH or Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=92207

It's listed as compatible with the Treo 650 and may resolve alot of the audio and bit rate errors many are having on the 650. I haven't tried it myself but it does make sense. Recall that of the Treo 650 only has 6 MB of dynamic heap and 10 MB of DB cache area. If this app is able to increase the former somehow, it may aleviate the contraints imposed my MMplayer...

Anyway, just a thought. I'll try it myself to see if it works and report back here as soon as I get a chance...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I saw this mentioned in another thread started by dutchtrumpet discussing an app called UDMH or Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=92207

It's listed as compatible with the Treo 650 and may resolve alot of the audio and bit rate errors many are having on the 650. I haven't tried it myself but it does make sense. Recall that of the Treo 650 only has 6 MB of dynamic heap and 10 MB of DB cache area. If this app is able to increase the former somehow, it may aleviate the contraints imposed my MMplayer...

Anyway, just a thought. I'll try it myself to see if it works and report back here as soon as I get a chance...
    So, what is your findings on UDMH?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    MM Player, which i got from the free handango promo, is not playing any of my files either. Don't ask....... I have done all the steps for Pocked DVD, loaded SD card, using ZLaunch, etc. etc. My videos do play smoothly with the built in player, with a tiny bit of audible hiss, which I will hopefully fix soon. So it seems to me the MM Player sucks !
    I've gotten mmplayer to work without too much trouble although the UI is flaky at times. Seems to help if I turn off the hard button control.

Just in the last couple of days, I've been looking into alternatives. Only one seems to be SmartMovie which so far, seems to work pretty well. Functionally, it's the same with the exception that it's not an MP3 player nor does it do streaming media (as mmplayer claims to be).

The handango url is http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...rch=smartmovie
    sorry, from my experience, kinoma 3> mmplayer in everyway.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12