1.    #1  
    I was connected to Vision..

I had an incoming call..

MP3Ringer started to play the MP3..

I pressed Phone button..

Treo650 did not like the incoming call.. so it did instant reset..

It came back up, but all the preference setups and registration information were all gone!! The application and the DB were intact, but all the Palm and application specific setups and registration info are gone.

Now I need to reset all the display setups for ZLauncher, Agendus, and what not. And now I need to dig up registration codes and enter them again for all of my application.

Regular soft reset is "somewhat" acceptable, but this kind of reset is NOT.

God..... I thought my Treo was safe because I did not have the same horror story of others, but now I am slowly approaching the level. This is really really annoying and frustrating.
    Don't input all that stuff and reset it all manually, just restore a copy of you saved preferences file. Either from the backup folder on your pc, or even better if you use a backup program to SD card.

This has happened to me a few times. I use BackupBuddyVFS Pro and all I have to do when it happens is restore that one file and I am all back to the way things were...

Good Luck, and be prepared the next time it happens by having a backup available...
    thats what happened to me sorta and a day later I was stuck in an endless boot mode. i was loosing all my preferences and serials (see other thread about rom loss due to apps)

Good luck I had to replace my T650...

TS
  4.    #4  
    Urggg.. At first the hot sync was not initiated so I had to reset the palm again.

Then.. now all the records are duplicated.. and the registration info was not restored..

Gosh.. my love may turn into hate now..
  5.    #5  
    And just found out that Versamail data was corrupted and it resets immediately I click on it.. I can't even delete this stupid versa mail!

Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account '': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    Error loading preferences for account 'gMail': An error occured while attempting to retrieve data from the device.
    I think matty had the right of it, just backup to sd card and restore from there if it happens again.