1.    #1  
    Using the Moto HS810 bluetooth headset I hear a popping sound. The people on the other end of the conversation do not. The pop goes away with the use of the phone without the bluetooth headset.

Any other bluetooth headset users experiencing this popping sound, motorola or not?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah..I have an HS810 too, the audio from the phone gets slightly garbled/static filled quite often...not sure what the heck is up with that.
    Your bluetooth headset operates in the 2.4 gig band. Do you have a WiFi close by? Or a microwave? Or anything else that operates in that band? That will do it.
    Rees
    Welcome to the wonderful world of bluetooth and the Treo 650...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    Your bluetooth headset operates in the 2.4 gig band. Do you have a WiFi close by? Or a microwave? Or anything else that operates in that band? That will do it.
    errr, I set up an 802.11g wireless network for my hi speed Internet. I'm usually sitting at my computer (laptop with an 54g card) when I use the Treo 650 phone at home. Am I getting warm? 54g does not run at 2.4gig, as the name implies. The 2.4 gig cordless phone is not in operation when I'm on the Treo 650.

I'll try the bluetooth headset tomorrow outside and look for popping sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    errr, I set up an 802.11g wireless network for my hi speed Internet. I'm usually sitting at my computer (laptop with an 54g card) when I use the Treo 650 phone at home. Am I getting warm? 54g does not run at 2.4gig, as the name implies. The 2.4 gig cordless phone is not in operation when I'm on the Treo 650.

I'll try the bluetooth headset tomorrow outside and look for popping sounds.
    No, 802.11g does run in the 2.4 gig spectrum, just as does the bluetooth.
  7.    #7  
    Bluetooth Blue Light Special:

To disable the flashing blue light on your Motorola HS810 bluetooth headset during a call, press both volume keys simultaneously.

There is no way to disable the flashing blue light unless you are in conversation. Thus, looking like a Star Trek convention goer is something you gotta live with unless you're constantly on the phone, bad for Sprint, good for you.

Other bluetooth headset owners, please share your tips on how to disable headset lights. I'm thinking of ditching this headset. Although the TX (outging conversation) quality is great, the earpiece has a constant crackle and pop noise that does not go away when moving away from noise sources such as computers, microwaves, and cordless phones.