1.    #1  
    I tried mVoice, voice recorder and Audacity. By a HUGE margin Audacity is much better. Voice recorder wouldn't record to SD. it is free. but the file sizes were huge. and it would hang and reset on me. i lost a few important recordings. I use it for sales calls. mVoice user interface is cludgy and just not that good.

Audacity let's you put in folders, and rename files. But for some reason when I rename it resets my 650. Anyone else? other than that, can't complain. Good compression, sound quality and easy to use. And i can use my phone headset to listen to the playback.
    I too am an Audacity user and love it. I use the Professional version and it is by far the most feature rich product out there. I suspect that the reason that you are getting crashes when you rename the file is that you are violating a file naming rule. I know from experience that things like colons in the file name will cause trouble. I tried to put a colon as part of the time and the file structure balked. PC files have no-nos like this as well.
    Sorry not to anser your question but rather to ask one. I have been using voice record, the free one and loving it, except I want the ability to rename and I had problems with VR resetting my phone if I accidently recorded something very short and then tried to listen to it. I want to make my recordings "to do"s that i can offload or email. Audacity allows this. And except for your one problem, both of you guys are happy?
  4.    #4  
    i'm very happy with audacity. the reset isn't that big of a deal. and it doesn't matter what I rename it. it resets. it might be a conflict with something else i have installed.
    I have the regular version on a Treo 600 and rename regularly without a hitch.
    I love my Treo 600 and Audacity, Snapper, Docs TG, Ptunes, and even Act for Palm now that I have added VolumeRocker and TreoTweak.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Smartphone, You have found a bug that we were not aware of. I use Cingular so I don't have a 650 yet. This is a bug specific to the 650. It has been addressed on the personal version and it will be fixed soon on the Professional version as well. Our web site www.AudacityAudio.com has a new Personal version 1.54. Thanks for you kind comments about Audacity. We think its a great program too.
    I agree that Audacity has the best fidelity, but mVoice has the best one button record option. Why can't one app have BOTH!!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey