1.    #1  
    a while back i bought one of these ZipLinq sets when i had a sanyo phone - its kind of a scam because when i bought it you had to get a set with a retractable USB cable, car USB plug, home USB plug and 5 different phone plugs. it worked out good because i needed the sanyo one and i had friends with a few of the other phones and they all worked great.

I lost the sanyo phone and got the Treo 650 (with no car charger).

after reading on here about the Sprint 1A universal plug i found out i had received one of the compatible plugs in the set and i plugged it into the wall and it charged the phone - tried it in the car and it works great.

Ive only been using it a few days, so no long-term tests etc but I will keep you all posted on this alternative.. the plug it used was the Samsung one called SM2 (the one in the middle) in their Charger set II. You need to use it with that short little adapter cable that came in the Treo650 box.

http://www.ziplinq.com/retractable-cable-cell.html

http://www.ziplinq.com/images/prod-i...P-CELL-M02.jpg

with all the junk that came in the kit, i can plug it into an electrical outlet, car lighter plug or computer USB and it chargers just fine - it just charges, does not sync.

fyi: works for me, your mileage may vary.
    That's great. But I still can't find a way to get more of these so-called "Sprint charger adapter" pigtails that came with the unit. I'm afraid I will soon crush that tiny new power connector of the T650, as I usually do when sitting in my car, or sliding my swivel office chair to get to my computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I'm afraid I will soon crush that tiny new power connector of the T650, as I usually do when sitting in my car, or sliding my swivel office chair to get to my computer.
    I barely pulled on the power cord and it cracked the plastic piece off. Here's a pix. It still charges, but doesn't stay in well at all. Pix sort of sux, taken in my office at night with the Treo.
  4.    #4  
    yah, that cable doesnt feel all that solid.

gotta love progress and technology - making it easier for them to take our money.