1.    #1  
    I'm starting to be a typical T650 user; whining about every little thing. Just kidding, TreoLand users

Seriously, once I launch the web using the palm provided Blazer the green lightning bolts indicator (near the antenna SS symbol) showing the data connection is active does not go out till I turn the phone off then back on. There is no "Exit app" on palm OS, so you simply move on to your next app, but I can see it while using other apps.

Do other browsers allow you to disconnect from the web?

Consipracy theory question: Was this SprintPCS's way to overcharge customers before the unlimited plan came along?
    If I remember correctly, on my other phones it did this as well, but I recall a manual way to logoff....although I never used it. But yes, this is normal.
    There's no automatic way to do it unfortunately. You can manually disconnect the network by going to Preferences, Network. As for your conspiracy theory, all I can say is why would anyone use a Treo without unlimited Vision? I just don't see the point...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Is it really staying in idefinitely ? I have noticed that after doing data xfer, the green arrows stay lit for a minute or less when out of the web browser. If you can make a call, you aren't connected (unless I am mistaken there). I think there's just an OS lag or "check for data r/t" routine and it takes a bit for the treo to catch up.

Also - if you have versamail or snappermail in the back ground - it's possible the green arrows will come on or stay on for the same reason until the routine is "done"
    I don't understand why people complain about disconnecting? As long as the green arrows are not on (meaning they are gray), calls will still come in. I never disconnect from the web. When I am finished in blazer I just hit phone or whatever application I want and go from there and my green arrows go way within 3-5 seconds tops!. I never hit disconnect or anything.
  6.    #6  
    No ne is "complaining." We're merely sharing obsrvations in our newly acquired toys.

The web connection is grey, not green, when you're using other apps. This means the incoming calls can still get through. As mentioned SamCraig, apps that frequently check for status, like mail, can trigger the green arrow, meaning your incoming calls at that time will go to voicemail.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Well, it's not an issue with Sprint's unlimited plans, but it is an issue if you use Verizon's minutes of use plan. As long as you stay connected, you'll keep racking up charges.
    Yep, take it from me... $2700.00 woth of 'em from Rogers. They do not have an unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Yep, take it from me... $2700.00 woth of 'em from Rogers. They do not have an unlimited plan.
    Yes they do. It's $60 a month. (They call it a blackberry plan, but basically it's a data plan and you can use it with non-blackberry phones. I used it with my T68i which I paired with an iPaq for web and email.)

edit: that's $60CDN

http://www.shoprogers.com/business/w...ta&cat=2&typ=2
    Last edited by Boobookins; 01/15/2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: point out price is in Canadian dollars
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Yes they do. It's $60 a month. (They call it a blackberry plan, but basically it's a data plan and you can use it with non-blackberry phones. I used it with my T68i which I paired with an iPaq for web and email.)

edit: that's $60CDN

http://www.shoprogers.com/business/w...ta&cat=2&typ=2
    Hey boobookins;

Good find, as both the frontline customer service rep and his boss didn't know about this when we were working out a solution to the approx 52000 kb's of $0.05/kb data...

The $60.00 might be a solution if I was a heavy user, but my problem was an inadvertent no disconnect from a data connection which I believe was with SHOUTcast.

There is a double asterisk fine print note though to the $60.00 plan at the bottom of the link you provided:
    **Rogers Wireless reserves the right to limit usage and charge $7 per additional MB for excessive usage over 25 MB of data per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    There is a double asterisk fine print note though to the $60.00 plan at the bottom of the link you provided:
    **Rogers Wireless reserves the right to limit usage and charge $7 per additional MB for excessive usage over 25 MB of data per month.
    I didn't notice the asterix. I never ran into a problem with them over that, but I don't think I often went too much over 25MB a month either. I do think Data is expensive in general in Canada. From what I've seen you guys in the US have much cheaper plans for voice and data. On the other hand we have free health care so I'm happy.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I have noticed that I can get a call while in the middle of updating my vindigo! It's happened twice now....interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    ...On the other hand we have free health care so I'm happy.
    G'day eh Boobookins;

I wonder if our gov't realizes that if it/we can't afford and continue with our **unlimited** Health Care Access, that they might stay out of the red by charging patients by their weight, by the kilo... yikes, no more double quarter cheese with supersize fries and drink!!!