1.    #1  
    it absolutely blows my mind that you can't email directly from the contact view of the phone app...the steps necessary to get a name in the "to" field are WAY to excessive...

marc can this be done?...this is the final nail in the blackberry coffin...your app is divine, nearly perfect...people talk about how "great" the blackberry is as an "email device"...bulls**t...with CHATTER installed on a TREO this is the only thing missing in the way of integration...

just like you can choose to {dial} or {message} as you scroll over numbers in the contact view...as a name is highlighted there needs to be an {email} button...this would take you to an email with that person in the "to" field...once you've composed and sent, it would knock you back to the phone app...

CONSOLATION PRIZE
    if not...here's how the lookup process should go...in chattermail...you press the icon to the right of the "to" or "cc" field...IT GOES RIGHT TO THE CONTACT EMAIL LIST for you to then scroll and select a name...name gets placed with a comma...repeat as necessary...BUT at the bottom is a button, {type} for instance, that can take you to the "type it in" window...

The point is...i guarantee more often than not you're emailing someone whom you've got in your contact list...this has to be priority in the operational flow of composing...

thank you so much as always...
    detroitkruk
    I'm thinking about this issue, actually. I don't think there's anything that can be done about the Phone app functionality, though.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    an "auto-fill" thing would be sweet too...start typing the name or email addy and it completes...
    "Autofill" already exists, using the last 64 addresses used.

Marc