1.    #1  
    Anyone currently using a 2gb card in their 600? If so, whose card is it and is it standard or high speed? If high speed, do you notice any performance difference, or is this beyond what the 600 can take advantage of?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I don't think that there are many 2 gb cards out there. I been following this subject for a couple of months. At CES a Sandisk rep told me that they would ship in March. I overheard a couple of "Industry types" discussing Sanddisk's problems meeting production demands on their products...Reminds me of the old days of computing, when companies would anounce products..only to have them ship months later or, often never at all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstanovic
    I don't think that there are many 2 gb cards out there. I been following this subject for a couple of months. At CES a Sandisk rep told me that they would ship in March. I overheard a couple of "Industry types" discussing Sanddisk's problems meeting production demands on their products...Reminds me of the old days of computing, when companies would anounce products..only to have them ship months later or, often never at all!!
    Hello:

I ordered a SanDisk 2GB Ultra II SD Card. I believe it was delivered today but I am not home to receive it nor to try it right now. I will post my findings once I try it.

With respect to speed:

It is the 126MB, 256, and 512 Cards that have bargain basement lower speed alternatives.

It is my understanding that SD cards that are 1GB and 2GB are generally high speed- i.e. write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10MB per second.

You can check here for more information but please note that this might not be the vendor with the lowest price.

2GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card

The new SanDisk Ultra II SD cards have a minimum sustained write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10MB per second.

PC Mall Part #: 505822
    Mfr. Part #: SDSDH-2048-901
    Manufacturer: Sandisk
    http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...=email,mwbgugl

Thanks

Mike
    The notices on that page read "Usually Ships: Call Us" and "Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!"

Doesn't sound like they actually have them in stock...