1.    #1  
    WOW! Looks like Blackberry RIM Support will be built into the Samsung i730! This device is expected to be released withing the next 3 months. Check out the specs on the pic in the attached link.

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3497.html

Wonder if this means the Palm version for the Treo is just around the corner.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody else is interested in Blackberry software for the TREO? Somebody must have more info!
    PalmSoft is suposedly working the RIM to develop a Palm client, but lord knows when they'll ever have it ready. As for the i730, I'll pay attention to it when (and IF) Samsung ever ships it. Samsung has generated way too much vapor with their prior smartphone announcements.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    BB connect software should be availabe on a Palm OS device in the next 3 months as well.
    Rome - what's your solid data to back that up? I ask, because, along with Samsung, RIM also leads the charge when it comes to building anticipation and excitement with pre-announcement, then delivering nothing.

Seems this thread is solely based on the text in the card by the i730 in the pics. C'mon - if we all believe everything we see/hear in trade shows, we'd be flying in cars now, instead of driving on highways.

Let's see some proof people. Call me the Blackberry Connect hysteria buster.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Rome - what's your solid data to back that up? I ask, because, along with Samsung, RIM also leads the charge when it comes to building anticipation and excitement with pre-announcement, then delivering nothing.

Seems this thread is solely based on the text in the card by the i730 in the pics. C'mon - if we all believe everything we see/hear in trade shows, we'd be flying in cars now, instead of driving on highways.

Let's see some proof people. Call me the Blackberry Connect hysteria buster.
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but as of today, Samsung is the only manufacture to publicly announce that they have licensed the Blackberry Connect software. This software will NOT be downloadable - it's got to be licensed by your device manufacturer. Which means just because it shows up on the i730, it doesn't mean it's available for your Treo. Read my comments in this thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...kberry+connect
    I found an article on Brighthand from Sept with a qoute from RIM >>

""We are working closely with PalmSource to provide Palm OS users the power of always-on, push-based BlackBerry services," said Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO, Research In Motion. "By making BlackBerry Connect software available as an aftermarket download, customers will be able to enjoy BlackBerry services on a much broader array of existing and future Palm OS devices.""

http://www.brighthand.com/article/RI...mers?site=Palm

Looks like we can still hold out hope!

JZ
    Justin Zawistowski
    Treo 650
    Sprint PCS