1.    #1  
    I upgraded to a 650 a couple of weeks ago and have been having a weird SMTP issue on one of my accounts. Basically, what is happening is that it works once and then doesn't work until I reset the password. For example, I set up the SMTP profile, and it sends fine. Then, some days later as I don't often send email from the phone, I try to send from the same account and it doesn't work. So I then go in, and reset the password in Chatter, and then it works fine again. Any thoughts?

Another related problem is that when it doesn't work, if I responded from the popup window, I get no message that the authorization failed. I don't know that the email was never sent until I go back into Chatter and happen to notice something in my drafts folder. I think a message popup saying "SMTP Authorization Failed" would be good...
    Hi. A couple questions.

1) Do you send from more than one account?

2) Could you make a log that shows a failure?

3) In the "foreground" (in Chatter), there would be an error message. I should fix it to work as you suggest.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Hi Marc-

1) Yes, I do. I really don't send all that often, but I can make it a point this weekend to test several different accounts (with several different SMTP servers) and see what is working when and what isn't.

2) Yes...I will do that this weekend as well.

3) I think that would be great! (I know you don't have anything else to do)

Jeremy
    Hey this is happening to me to. T650.

This happens on a 2nd account that I have setup, but I only ever use it for outgoing emails- I don't read its inbox (as it is forwarded to my primary email).

I send emails with both accounts, about 50/50. Sometimes the SMTP sending on the 2nd account fails with bad auth- I go in and set the password again and it works. Then at some point it stops working and I repeat this process.
    Hmmm... Ok, I have an idea I'll try out...

Marc
    Actually, I would really love to catch an SMTP failure like this in a log, if either of you could attempt it!

Thanks.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by dillera
    Hey this is happening to me to. T650.

This happens on a 2nd account that I have setup, but I only ever use it for outgoing emails- I don't read its inbox (as it is forwarded to my primary email).

I send emails with both accounts, about 50/50. Sometimes the SMTP sending on the 2nd account fails with bad auth- I go in and set the password again and it works. Then at some point it stops working and I repeat this process.
    This is the same for me too, I described it earlier to you but have been to busy so get and send the log. Usually happens after the phone has been in standby for a while. I don't erset the password, I just go in and reset server connction and it works for a while, sometimes a day or two.

i send from two fastmail and runbox
    Well, a log would be very helpful, since it contains some information related to SMTP profiles... Thanks.

Marc