1.    #1  
    Like other GSM users, I am waiting for the Treo 650. I am not too familar with Treo applications but I have been looking at a few to purchase.

My biggest gripe is having the most efficient email application. I use hotmail and gmail quite frequently, along with my company email.

You guys seem to be experts so I welcome your suggestions on the best email application for the Treo 650.

Thanks in advance
    Well there are a few out there to choose from but it does come built-in with a mail application (VersaMail). Many like VersaMail, and some have reported problems.

As far as 3rd party applications there is a choice, but I use SnapperMail. It just works and well.

Many users with IMAP also use Chatter.

I recommend you try VersaMail as it is free, integrated and included. If it is not all you like or want, then definately try SnapperMail (IT ROCKS). If you only use IMAP (which by the sounds of it, you do not) then there is also Chatter.

SnapperMail Link:
    http://www.snappermail.com/wireless/email/

Good Luck
    Is using Chatter on the Treo like a Blackberry, ie you get your emails as fast as Exchange gets them?
    Yes - Chatter is very fast to reveive emails (a couple of seconds usually).
    ChatterEmail is a great product. All you need to do for your hot/gmail is setup a free IMAP server account at fastmail.com, setup hot/gmail to point to it and then install chatteremail on your Treo - set it up to point to your fastmail IMAP server and you get the quickest true push email out there, works JUST like a blackberry - the nice thing about fastmail is since you are forwarding a COPY of your POP3 email you don't have to worry about deleting anything off of your PC. I LOVE the way it works.

I admit i have not tried Snappermail and have heard many good things about it. Versamail is average with my experience (tried it with SMS sending me alerts when new mail arrived but it just was not "true" push email).

If you want the ease of a blackberry try Chatter when you get it.
    SnapperMail is great for POP and IMAP, especially if you are on a minute-based data plan (eg: Verizon NA MOU).

Chatter is great for quick mail updates (simulates 'push') but should only be used if you have unlimited data.
    I suggest you try the (free) integrated Versamail as well as download and try Snapper Mail as an evauation. Try them both out and see if SnapperMail is worth paying for.

I have a Treo 600 and I haven't used Versamail, so I can't compare.
    I use Snapper Mail as my primary email program on my Treo 600 and I'm pretty happy with it. When I get a Treo 650 (GSM) I intend to keep using Snapper Mail regardless.
    (I also use Chatter Mail but only for work email during the day, and only on occasion.)
    http://www.snappermail.com/
    http://www.palmone.com/us/software/versamail25/
    http://www.imchatter.com/products.shtml (IMAP Only)
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/17/2005 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    ChatterEmail is a great product. All you need to do for your hot/gmail is setup a free IMAP server account at fastmail.com, setup hot/gmail to point to it and then install chatteremail on your Treo - set it up to point to your fastmail IMAP server and you get the quickest true push email out there, works JUST like a blackberry - the nice thing about fastmail is since you are forwarding a COPY of your POP3 email you don't have to worry about deleting anything off of your PC. I LOVE the way it works.

I admit i have not tried Snappermail and have heard many good things about it. Versamail is average with my experience (tried it with SMS sending me alerts when new mail arrived but it just was not "true" push email).

markyoung04, thanks for the great headsup. Chattermail has been what I needed all along, The missing link for me was Fastmail.

Versamail Sucks
    SnapperMail makes my 650 crash at least once a day

I am forever in your debt
    I see that Chattermail works on IMAP only and a previous post mentions setting up your Hotmail or Gmail account on fastmail.com....can you also use AOL since they are IMAP too?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    markyoung04, thanks for the great headsup. Chattermail has been what I needed all along, The missing link for me was Fastmail.

Versamail Sucks
    SnapperMail makes my 650 crash at least once a day

I am forever in your debt
    Fusemail is another alternative to Fastmail - depending on the package and your specific needs, it may work better for you than Fastmail. I recently switched from Fastmail, and am using Fusemail to get my pop mail for access through Chatter. Love it so far...
    What about when you send an email from Chatter? Will you find it in the Sent Items on your PC-based exchange client? Or is there a synchronising feature

Yep, too lazy to read the doco.

-S

Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    You can specify sent items from Chatter to be uploaded to a folder on your server.

I was looking into your suggestion, did you mean fastmail.fm? the .com doesnt resolve for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    You can specify sent items from Chatter to be uploaded to a folder on your server.
    That's very good - will it also get me global address list?
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680