1.    #1  
    Has anyone experience the following:

My screen has these rainbow colored like spots on the screen when off. Is it due to being a bad screen? They look like oil spots, but it's not......
    I have that, I think it is the combination of screen protector+screen+light reflection. Mine are centered around the middle of the screen. I have examined 20 other treos and they are all the same.
    Treoing & Loving it
  3.    #3  
    I have the BT250, for my treo and it's pretty crappy with a lot of crackling and static noise, am I doing something wrong?
    I couldn't get the BT250/BT200 to work properly with the T650. The Motorola HS810 worked immediately, and has never needed a second pairing with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    Has anyone experience the following:

My screen has these rainbow colored like spots on the screen when off. Is it due to being a bad screen? They look like oil spots, but it's not......
    Hello krs71,

This is Kevin from palmOne. The rainbow or oil slick pattern you are experiencing on the screen of your handheld is known as Thin Film Interference (TFI).

This occurrence has no adverse functional affect on the performance or reliability of the touchscreen, LCD, or handheld. Your LCD touchscreen is made up of a layer of glass, liquid crystal, and film. TFI can occur whenever temperature, humidity, and even air pressure conditions change.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    PalmOne is reading TreoCentral. Now I know I'm in good hands. I hope Sprint PCS is also doing the same. It is crucial for carriers, and manufacturers to montitor their user feedback to provide quick fixes before certain minor problems go out of control.
    Kevin,

Speaking of screens...any idea why the digitizer 'bullseye' and the hotsync animation resolution is so degraded? On the bullseye I see dots around the concentric circles at times and the hotsync graphics look like they went back in time to my Palm III....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello krs71,

This is Kevin from palmOne.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Sorry Ohmster, I've no idea about that one.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Hi all,

since we're on the topic of the 650's screen.... i own a Tungsten T, and i really do want to get a nice looking screen.

Comparing the Treo650's screen with the TungstenT5, are they of the same quality / brightness ? (i know one is 320x320 and the other is 320x480, but i'm referring to the luminiscence, colour quality, etc)

thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylab
    Hi all,

since we're on the topic of the 650's screen.... i own a Tungsten T, and i really do want to get a nice looking screen.

Comparing the Treo650's screen with the TungstenT5, are they of the same quality / brightness ? (i know one is 320x320 and the other is 320x480, but i'm referring to the luminiscence, colour quality, etc)

thanks!!
    Can't compare directly to the T5, but I know compared to my Tungsten T, the 650's screen is awesome. After playing w/ the 650 for a while I went back to my TT and couldn't believe I ever thought that screen looked good. The 650 is MUCH brighter, much sharper, and is MUCH more readable in direct sunlight.