Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Not sure which route to go.

    thanks
  2. #2  
    Agendus doesn't seem to agree with the 650. (Might have a prob with the 600 as well.) Too bad because I really like it, but until they fix the SMS issue, i can't use it.

    Since then, I've tried BC, which is okay, not much on eye candy, but does the job. Also trying Keysuite which I like a bit better than BC, IMO. They both seem to work fine on the device, and in syncing with Outlook.

    I'm currently using Contacts 5, which is just an address book. I'm crossing my fingers that Iambic cleans up Agendus, so I can't justify paying for BC or Keysuites (especially @ $70!) at this time.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    for which handheld. 600 or 650? pocketmirror pro for 600 and pocketmirror pro XT for 650 may be enough if you need simple Outlook sync and the native PIM's are sufficient for you
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  4.    #4  
    Treo 600
  5. #5  
    I love Beyond Contacts. I had it on my 300 and it works great on my 600!
  6. jrowlings's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #6  
    I tried all but Agendus and chose Key Contacts (Key Suite). I did so because it sync'd all Outlook info including catagories. It also looked the most like Outlook. Some, I thought, were a bit cartoon-like in their appearance.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowlings
    I tried all but Agendus and chose Key Contacts (Key Suite). I did so because it sync'd all Outlook info including catagories. It also looked the most like Outlook. Some, I thought, were a bit cartoon-like in their appearance.
    Ha, I thought Beyond Contacts looked most like Outlook, which is why i didn't like it. Keysuites is nice, but a bit pricey.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    I've used them all.

    Agendus far and away the best.

    Contrary to the earlier poster, if works perfectly with the 650, as well as 600.

    It is the most value per $ app out there...it's indispensable once you start using it.
  9. #9  
    Actually it doesn't work perfectly. It has a problem soft resetting your 650 when recieving SMS messages. It is a known problem. They have just released 9.02, the problem still exsists, though deleting Agendus mail will stabilize it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I've used them all.

    Agendus far and away the best.

    Contrary to the earlier poster, if works perfectly with the 650, as well as 600.

    It is the most value per $ app out there...it's indispensable once you start using it.
    Been running 9.01 , recieve SMS 5-10 a day NO problem. Great program

    Try the free demo.

    Have a 650 and don't have A/Mail installed use Snapper or Versa.

    Beyond contacts is also nice but takes up ALOT of space.
  11. #11  
    Mail seems to be the culprit. I should probably clarify if you just get the Standard version, you're probably okay. However I have the Pro version and Mail takes over SMS.

    With the previous 9.0x version, you'd get nothing but resets everytime an incoming SMS would come in. Not only that, but that message would be lost forever upon reset, so you have no idea who sent what, nor what they had to say. Even if setting SMS prefs in both Agendus prefs, and the device prefs to Messaging, the problem exsists.

    9.02 (Pro) still has these issues. However if you're willing to let Agendus be your SMS client, it seems stable. I prefer the internal Messaging client though. Deleting A/Mail seems to have fixed the problem. (Prefer Snapper anyways.)

    It is by far my favorite PIM replacer, but one can only stomache so many soft resets.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #12  
    I've worked around the SMS reset problem in Agendus Pro 9.01 by installing AgendusMail 4.1 and setting AgendusMail as the helper application for SMS and AgendusMail the helper application for email. AgendusMail's UI probably needs some usability improvements but actually is workable. Agendus itself is nicer than before, especially the expanded monthly and quarterly views. The today screen is pretty cool but you seem to have to manually refresh the weather forecast.

    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  13. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #13  
    Inseration Quote:9.02 (Pro) still has these issues. However if you're willing to let Agendus be your SMS client, it seems stable.

    I am running the the pro Version and again Not having any issues you talk about?
  14. crloga's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #14  
    I have tried off all of these programs and find Beyond Contacts to be the simplest to use. It brings over everything in Outlook that I need.

    Worked good on the Treo 600 and has been updated to work even better on the 650
  15. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by crloga
    I have tried off all of these programs and find Beyond Contacts to be the simplest to use. It brings over everything in Outlook that I need.

    Worked good on the Treo 600 and has been updated to work even better on the 650
    But from what I remember it makes a separate DB and takes up alot room??
  16. #16  
    Keep in mind that both Beyond Contacts and Keysuite use proprietary databases to store their data. Why does that matter? Well, other applications that utilize the To Do list and address book will not work with your synced data in those proprietary data files (such as outliners, etc. that link to or read from the built in databases). Agendus does use the standard built in data files, so it works just fine with other 3rd party apps. If you go the other route, be willing to live with "isolated" data as it were. Not saying either BC or KS is bad, but they do have a high price in terms of compatibility with other software.
  17. #17  
    Bryan is absolutely correct.

    That is why Agedus rocks, and the others blow.

    This is a huge architectural advantage to Agendus.

    I might sounds like a syncophant, but really Agendus is the best Palm app I own (and it's a large number).
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Bryan is absolutely correct.

    That is why Agedus rocks, and the others blow.

    This is a huge architectural advantage to Agendus.

    I might sounds like a syncophant, but really Agendus is the best Palm app I own (and it's a large number).
    I'll throw in my two cents as well, and agree. I've finally managed to get 9.02 up and running without any more resets. Maintains a fairly small footprint, in comparison to the other programs. Don't use it, but appreciate the Today screen. (Just wished I knew how to get rid of the QOTD.)

    It may have sounded like I didn't like it, but even when I had problems, I still liked what it could do.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. meir602's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    (Just wished I knew how to get rid of the QOTD.)

    .
    From the Today screen tap the "tools" button. (last buton on the right)
    There you will find options on which items to show on today screen.
    Uncheck "Quote of the day".


    BTW: I love agendus, I just hate the update fees.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Actually it doesn't work perfectly. It has a problem soft resetting your 650 when recieving SMS messages. It is a known problem. They have just released 9.02, the problem still exsists, though deleting Agendus mail will stabilize it.
    Deleting Agendus mail? I didn't know you could separate the two. I love Agendus, but not crazy about Agendus Mail. I was thinking about downgrading from Pro to Standard just to get rid of the mail part.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions