Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not extactly sure when, but I was told they'd be "fairly soon". I changed my phone number yesterday from a CT number to a NY number. A process which, surprisingly, took me all day to complete because the OTA update for some reason wouldn't take. While on the phone with Sprint last night I had the luck of talking with a rep that not only knew what the 650 was, but had actually held one (lol). In the course of our conversation, he happened to mention that there was an update for the camera coming out, and an update for something else, but it wasn't exatcly clear what it was. As far as I'm concerned, it'd be perfect if they'd only fix the Bluetooth initiates voice dial snafu!
    Yeah or make the bluetooth work in general. That would be good!
    An update for the camera? The camera may be the one thing that people aren't complaining about. Sounds like another clueless Sprint rep, to me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Maybe he meant that there will be a new version, the non-camera Treo 650, and he misinterpreted that as a "camera update:. It doesnt' surprise me at all the the SPCS rep has no idea what he's talking about.
  5.    #5  
    I don't know. He was pretty specific when he said an update for the camera, but with those guys you can never tell.
    The quality on the camera is pretty poor. Everything is grainy and looks like a bad video still. They may have some tweaks for it.
    Also, I find resizing the images to something smaller makes the defects look a lot less noticable. But sending someone that 640x480 image is silly. To the camera's defense, it does work better in high-light environments and isnt worse than most phone cams. I only wish it was modular so I could, say, remove it and buy an CCD 1.3 megabit upgrade. In fact, making it removable would solve the legal issues people are having with camera phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    I don't know. He was pretty specific when he said an update for the camera, but with those guys you can never tell.
    I certainly think the camera app could use an update...I have had repeated failures in trying to send picture mail...
    The videocam recording of audio is absolutley GARBAGE. The worst! How is it for everyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    The videocam recording of audio is absolutley GARBAGE. The worst! How is it for everyone else?
    I'd just like ot be able to choose my compression settings. I have a 1GB card; I should be able to save less-compressed video. That'd help the video and the audio.

Still, I wasn't expecting the Treo to be a replacement for a full camcorder either...
    Folks, dream on ... the update that we will see shortly only will be for a few bug fixes and to restore the native BT DUN functionality for Sprint users. It's not gonna be a a wholesale feature upgrade as new software will not correct hardware design limitations! The 650 pretty much is what it is which ain't too bad. Cheers
  12.    #12  
    Man, you really know the perfect time to wake someone out of a good dream.
    You'd think that some people are expecting the patch to turn their treos into the razr...
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    You'd think that some people are expecting the patch to turn their treos into the razr...
    NO!!! Anything but that!
    It's probably just a patch to unlock the 1.3 megapixel capture capability. I hope i don't pee on myself if that happens!
    Really, any camera at anything less than 1.3mp is merely a toy anyway. I'd rather see them iron out the phone's issues. A crappy camera will always be a crappy camera. Give me working BT, WiFi support and a fixed VersaMail and I'm happy.

Actually, give me the Apple phone (not Moto), and I'll trade in my 650 today :-)
    Shasta (Treo 650)
    Slightly off topic, but my phone connected to Vision on it's own yesterday and afterwards the button hesitation on the phone app decreased dramatically. I can now barely say '1' before the buttons respond.

Quote Originally Posted by illbits
    It's probably just a patch to unlock the 1.3 megapixel capture capability. I hope i don't pee on myself if that happens!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Ohmster, you are right I have been traveling for 2 weeks and had not noticed but the phone lag is gone on my Treo 650...are others finding this also?
    I just noticed the same thing right before I read this from you guys. Went to dial my voice mail, and it started dialing almost immediately. Just called my house and the same thing. Kind of nice.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Still lagging...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast